No announcement yet.

The world in 1914

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavebear, once again your save is stronger than mine as far as air power is concerned - stealth aircraft and paras. However, your position seems less secure in the main theatres of war.

I'm not sure why you have continued researching. I don't think we will gain any benefit from discovering future technology.

Originally posted by cavebear
    1916 - Sioux offer 50G and Wheel for us to fight Zulu. Since I want to fight Zuku now, I acept.
    The issue that we need to discuss is reputation. My memory is that we voted at the start to maintain a spotless reputation, and yours has dropped to honerable. I think that there was some subsequent discussion of reputation, but I can't remember the result. I'd certainly continue to vote for a spotless reputation and I believe the game can be won that way. The deal with the Sioux was probably the cause of the reputation hit.

Another thing worth discussing is the fate of the Egyptians.

1915 - Capture Heliopolis, ?G and Invention. Destroy Egyptians.
    From previous experience, I think this means that if we capture the Viking or Zulu capitals, their empire will split. We might use this to weaken them, but it is an obstacle if we need to bring down a space ship. I wonder whether it's worth keeping the Egyptians with a single city.

The silence from Monk suggests that he has not been able to play any turns. This is a pity since I suspect he would be able to teach us both a lesson or two.

RJM at Sleeper's
    Last edited by rjmatsleepers; February 23, 2005, 04:06.
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Continuing to research was an error that occurred during play. When I started celebrating, I immediately switched research to 0, but when I later played around with the tax settings seeking the best balance of luxury and taxes, I must have left the settings wrong. I sure could have used the couple thousand G that cost me!

I thought (incorrectly) that accepting an invitation to join another Civ in war wouldn't harm our reputation. I didn't notice the change when it happened.

For that reason, at least, we should not use my save.

I think we can wait a bit to see if Monk has chance to play.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I think we can wait a bit to see if Monk has chance to play.
        There is no rush - we have been playing this game for quite a long while already.

Not much has been heard from Monk recently. I think in his last post he mentioned that the friend who helped him play had to cancel a visit. Let's hope he will be able to join in again soon.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

I'm pleased to give it through next weekend for Monk to get a chance to offer his own turns. I value both of your skills at playing, and I'm willing to wait. I might even take a shot at playig it again correcting my tax rates (an error that thoroughly annoys me).
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Good luck with the game if you try a replay.

If we haven't heard anything from Monk by next weekend, we can decide how to move forward. Of course someone else may also join in by then

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

No, on further thought, there is a limit to replay even in this game.

Comment

No, on further thought, there is a limit to replay even in this game.
                OK - so shall we play some more turns from my 1920 save? Up to 1930?

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

I think we should start playing again, and your 1920 save is the best one to use. I won't be able to do anything until the weekend though.

Comment

I've posted my attempt on a separate thread in case you don't want to look at it before your try.

RJM at Sleeper's

Comment

Good idea, RJM! This way other people can see what you did and I can easily not see it.

I will try to play Friday night and/or Sat morning. I can't wait to post and compare. This is actually becoming a very interesting way to play the game! I'm glad we stumbled into it, even if through desperation...

And it would be more interesting if some other players tried their hand at playing from your save (as our current best) to 1930.

Comment

Working...
                      X