No announcement yet.

The 400 year snooze 250bc-260 ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose you are right about the non Xin years, I was worried that happiness issues would make us have to dop science in favor of Lux, But with all the warriors to keep the peace It may not be an issue. I honestly don't know.

I will be offline this weekend so I will wait untill monday to see what the community has decided, but i will start a revolution thread to guage the mind of the people.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd
      Will the extra warriors and a temple be enought to sooth the unhappiness in republic, or will we require alot of lux? Not used to Diety so I am not sure.
      just a reminder from a simple citizen- military cannot quell unhappiness in republic, it can only create it (if more than one is outside the city).

temples are good, marketplaces + luxuries are better depending on the amount of trade
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

No trade except the arrow we produce, and it will take some time to build markets.

IIRC the rule is "every unit beyond three" in republic.
        Don't have my info available right now to check.
        Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

No trade except the arrow we produce, and it will take some time to build markets.
          we can build a marketplace this round if we really want it
          1) change to marketplace (20/80)
          2) sell barracks, buy barracks (40/80), 13 gp
          3) disband archer, 4 warriors (75/80), 10 production

plus, we could then move the mines to the sea and bring in an additional 3 trade that turn and still have 7 production.

IIRC the rule is "every unit beyond three" in republic.
          Don't have my info available right now to check.
          all military units are supported in republic, (as opposed to up to city size in despotism and first 3 in monarchy) and every unit after the first outside the city causes 1 citizen to be unhappy.
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Acctually what I was referring to is "every unit beyond 3 counts as martial law". Wheather or not that works the market and worker changes you suggested would be great. I didn't think of selling the barracks
            Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

there is no martial law in a representative government - with or without a marketplace... anyway, don't know if you noticed, but without disbanding the archer, we could build it in 2 turns, or by keeping 1 warrior around, you could still build it in 1 round using the mines in monarchy.
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Working...
              X