• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 400 year snooze 250bc-260 ad

250BC
    Change build to Library, Zulus undertake copes

225BC

200BC
    After exploring as much as I could conceive without running the risk of loosing our trireme I disband it into the library to speed up the process and hopefully get some more research.

275BC-75BC

50BC
    2 shields left on library build so I begin Xinning again.

25BC
    Build library and must choose warrior, settler, GL or Oracle....Oracle

1AD

20AD
    Zulus build Copes

40AD

60AD Wise men discover BRONZ WORKING and I choose CURRENCY as our next endeavor

80AD-140AD

160AD Egyptians build Great Wall

180AD

200AD Tacitus says we are hopeless

220AD-240AD

260AD
    We discover CURRENCY and I opt for TRADE per science minister's request.

I stop here to let the citizens review the log and possible post some suggestions for strengthening our position on this world. Colossus is built and, as is copes so we are off track for a true OCC approach. I think we should consider getting cathedrals as quickly as possible and switch to republic for some WLTCD growth.

We have a NON settler that has improved as much as possible. Do we let him sleep until we are able to explore other shores or should he join the city and help contribute to the effort?

edit: spelling and smilies corrected as well as an embarassing mix-up with another game I am playing where temples are not built yet.
    Last edited by Zedd; February 11, 2004, 14:15.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

After several try's here is a screen shot

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Zedd/apolytonia.bmp
    http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Zedd/einy.bmp < City in Xin mode

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Zedd/taxes.bmp < tax rate

I've had some starnge computer problems trying to upload these (as you can tell by the 22 views it took for me to post this stuff ) The build was changed to GL at some point purely by accident I assure you.

I hope these links work.
    Last edited by Zedd; February 11, 2004, 15:11.
    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

The reason they don;t show is that they are .bmps
      If you save them as .gif or .jpg they will show up when you link to them like that. I am trying to get this done, but Poly upload is giving me headaches.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Some WLPD growth would be nice - but I suspect we can't build an aqueduct yet, so we would stop at 8 even with 80% luxuries et al. We may as well go for it though.

RJM at Sleeper's
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Since we can't go OCC with regard to tech then I suggest we shoot to Navigation and start ICSing on nearby islands as much as possible. We're going to need crusaders and barracks to give ourselves a decent chance of taking any cities by now, so we'll need some production somewhere.
          With regard to the settler, we should put him on the first caravel we build and set up a new city as close as possible. Twice the cities, the better the chance of ICSing we have, especially since I expect that the HG have been built. Can we have a screenie of the wonders please.

Comment

Duke - A second city cannot be established until 1040 AD.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I know, but by the time we actually reach Navigation then we'll be a heck of a lot closer then than we are now. Our boats can't make it across the vast ocean yet, so I'm proposing long-term plans, rather than what we should do in the near future.
              We should have our settler(s) in a position to found juicy new cities by the end of 1020AD, and will require plenty of exploration before we are in that position.
              We have screwed up our chances of getting a decent OCC going, so we need to take over the world and soon!

Comment

Many new cities immediately at 1040, agreed.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

In that case we will need to build many settlers. Which sould be much easier in republic. Celebrate to size 7, begin building settlers, and at size 8 complete it for a "free" settler. At the same time the increased science should speed the process to navigation.

Will the extra warriors and a temple be enought to sooth the unhappiness in republic, or will we require alot of lux? Not used to Diety so I am not sure.
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

I think perhaps one more round in Monarchy wouldn't hurt so I will plan on playing Saturday, unless the populous revolts that is

Currently the path seems to be to navigation which leaves four techs to be discovered. Also I will continue storing shields for a wonder and switch to magellan ASAP.

Is this acceptable to the science minister?

(and the people, of course )
                    Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                      I know, but by the time we actually reach Navigation then we'll be a heck of a lot closer then than we are now. Our boats can't make it across the vast ocean yet, so I'm proposing long-term plans, rather than what we should do in the near future.
                      We should have our settler(s) in a position to found juicy new cities by the end of 1020AD, and will require plenty of exploration before we are in that position.
                      We have screwed up our chances of getting a decent OCC going, so we need to take over the world and soon!
                      Good thinking - the sort of thing that a good King should be aware of!
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Get lost I'm not putting myself forward for election!

I only hope that we can get the four techs we need before the wonder production finishes. I feel that an early switch to Republic would be better for our development than more turns in monarchy. With our knowledge of Oedo years then we can always switch mback to Monarchy painlessly when we get more cities and start to have unit support problems or when we wannt to wipe out the first civ we meet.

Comment

Much of our science is coming from the Xin process which would not be changed in republic. And untill we have, or are close to haveing navigation and an aquaduct in the city research should be our highest priority. I don't see a imediate switch to republic being much use.
                          Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Wouldn't the science research in the Non-Xin years be higher under Republic (greater trade)?
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I feel that we should switch to republic and pour all our resources into science.

I also think we should go straight for rocketry.

Roar!

Comment

Working...
                              X