Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of the Years – 1784 to 1804 AD

The Tale of the Years – 1784 to 1806 AD

1784 – Adjusted Workers and Production in many cities per advice of City-Planner. They all made sense. Bribed Boston for 876G, get 41G, sell Granary for 60G, start Temple. Bribe New York (forgot to write down cost), get Marco Polo, 30G, sell Granary for 60G, start Engineers. Kill Barb Knight at Idefix with Cannon. It took an hour to play that turn; there were so many units to move and I had to figure out where they should be going!

1786 – Germans start Shakespeare’s Theater. Bribe Detroit (because it was in revolt) for only 416G, get 16G, sell Granary for 60G, and start Temple. Kill 2 Barb Knights near Idefix with Cannon, clearing the way to capture the Barb Leader with Dragoon for 150G. Trap worked perfectly! We are now the most populace civ, and have explored over 3 million square miles of this map. Tech rate is down from 40 to 36.

1788 – Americans get Theology from Germans. Tip hut for 50G. Dragoon kills Zulu Cannon at Detroit. Tip hut for 100G. With Detroit in our hands, I start to move our massive army S toward Zulus. Tech rate down to 34.

1790 – Americans get University from Germans. Tip hut 50G. Fanatic kills Greek Dragoon near Shield. Discover Cannae (Greek). Fanatic kills Greek Settler. Bribe Cannae for 38G, get 2G back. Catch St Louis in revolt and bribe it for 390G, get 41G back, sell Granary for 60G, start Temple. Now gaining 400G in income per turn. Population at 12.4 million. Tech rate down to 32.

1792 – Russians get Conscription and Germans get it from GL. Zulus discover physics. Germans build Shakespeare’s Theater in Berlin. Germans convert some city to Darwin’s. An exploring Fanatic kills a Cannon near Bonn,. Rammestein is under sudden heavy attack by Germans in spite of my having a sentinel out. 4 pairs of units (Cannons showing) and 2 Dragoons have come up against the city. I try to take out one stack with the sentinel ( a Fanatic), but it dies. The hidden unit must have been a defense unit. Bribe Apolonia for 306G, get 7G back, sell Aqueduct for 80G (size 3 city), start Temple. Musketeer kills Zulu Cannon threatening Detroit. Discover Heidelburg (German).

1794 – Greeks get Magellan’s Expedition. Germans lose 2 Dragoons at Rammestein and then bribe the city. They take Explosives. Bribe Philadelphia for 1344G, get 46G back, sell Granary for 60G, and start Temple. The Americans seem to have never built any Temples. Just cannot get at Bombay – American units keep moving to block access (keeping Dip 3 squares away). I separate the Fanatic from the Dip to try blocking the American units and lead them away. Net income has risen to 470G per turn, 2nd only to the Germans. Tech rate down to 30 turns. Trying to get Dip to Pharsalos, but it started a bit away from there and I’m trying to get it in without a defensive unit. Musketeer kills a Zulu Cannon near Bapedi.

1796 – “Most Powerful” report: Us/Greek/German/Zulu/American/Russian. Russians get Physics from Zulu, Zulu get University in return. Zulu and Greeks sign pact against us. Germans get Darwin’s, choose Economics. They start work on Adam Smith’s. Germans discover Magnetism. I move units exploring and heading toward Zulus. I should mention we are building a RR network.

1798 – Not much action this turn. Exploring everywhere and advancing on Zulu territory. Tech down to 29 turns. Net income is up to 550G per turn.

1800 – A Musketeer was attacked by a Cannon, but I couldn’t tell where. Germans are researching Tactics (I hope we can steal it). Discover Denver (American). Discover Mytilene (Greek). Exploring Fanatic kills Greek Cannon. Our Dragoon at Apolonia kills an annoying Greek Settler.

1802 – Zulu Musketeer attacks our Knight and dies; it gets Vet status. Greeks get Conscription from Germans. I tip hut S of Philadelphia and get 7 units of Barbs (Knights and Musketeers). Our Dragoon kills a German Caravan to get it out of the way. We are netting 600G per turn.

1804 - American Govt overthrown. Lose an exploring Diplomat. Lose an exploring Fanatic. Lose a Dip to those tipped-hut barbs. Our Fanatic kills a Zulu Pikeman. Get Dip to Bombay, but Americans are in Democracy again, can’t bribe it! Bribe a Barb Knight got 82G to get it out of the way for a Diplomat. Use that Knight to kill the other Barb Knight to keep Diplomat safe. Kill a Zulu Settler with a Cannon. Discover Turin (Greek) near Apolonia.

1806 - Civs went through turn, I made some city-production choices, then stopped so we have our turn to start next time.

Screenshots to follow, if I can get this upload thing to work... Have to make the screenshots first, though (estimate 1 hour).
    Last edited by cavebear; October 10, 2003, 02:45.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

OK. let's see if this works. Here's a weird screen I saw in the game:

1790CityReportHUH.JPG
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

(edit, well, OK, I can link it... I thought it would display, though) Will try again.

Comment

OK, I can't make the images show up like the FAQ said I could. Someone will have to give me better instructions. For now, I'll offer the links...

Comment

1806 Defense:

Comment

1806Demographics:

Comment

1806 ForeignMimister:

Comment

1806MaintenanceCosts:

(edited to correct attachment, and hey, I got an image to work!)
                Last edited by cavebear; October 10, 2003, 14:30.

Comment

1806Powergraph:

Comment

1806Science:

Comment

1806 TaxRate:

Comment

Sorry they are links. Best I could figure out after 3 AM.....

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          OK. let's see if this works. Here's a weird screen I saw in the game:

1790CityReportHUH.JPG
                          Have you been using cheat mode again President cavebear?

Comment

Doing nicely against the Americans, but it was damned cheeky of them to go back into democracy though!

The Germans seem to be doing too well!

You mentioned building a RR network. I'd prefer to see a single line, guarded of course, between our home cities and the various fronts we are waging. It's not as if we need to move caravans quickly between our cities, and dragoons get two movement so a highway is better than movement between our cities. What does everyone think?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

(edit, well, OK, I can link it... I thought it would display, though) Will try again.

some zero-error

btw the maintenancecost has a wrong link

nice play(is the save already sent?)

1 question:did you bribe the dragoon near Bombay?
                              couldn't it help you to clear the path to Bombay?

Shade,eagerly awaiting his copy of the tactical map
                              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X