Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our engineers should be building rails, not homes

Comment

I agree. We have plenty of cities and will have more soon. Unless we happen upon a really great spot with specials, we should save our Engineers for RRs.

And if we had started where the Americans did, this game would be over by now and we would be wondering why we thought these settings were going to be a challenge. As it turned out, we have had to work the whole game, just to keep up with the other civs.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I don't think we should even found on special spots.
        What good is it going to do us? Maybe if we found a site with two coals and two wheat and then built mines and irrigation to get loads of shields for only a few citizens then it would take far longer than necessary. It's the perfectionist view to build on special spots, and we should be perfecting our armies, not our citizens at this stage of the game. It'd take too long for a city to be workable from scratch, even if we threw extra engineers in.
        Rails is the way ahead! (and at no movement cost )

Comment

What I had in mind was (for example): rather than try to build a RR through a mountain range, build a city instead. The city is built in 1 turn, and the tile is automatically railroaded, of course. If we need to get to an area fast, this makes more sense than waiting several turns for a RR to be built, and is easier than using the Xin-trick of multiple engineers
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Very usefull trick. I hve implemented it several times
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Working...
            X