Citizen request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen request

Could one of our esteemed priests post a map for the followers?
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

The map has become way too large to post in it's entirety. Are there particular parts of it you want to see? Does it need to be scaled large enough to read city names?

Does this help? (Edit: pics seem temporarily blocked)
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

can't see that pic but I was just wanting to get a location on the american and Zulu cities, since we seem to be leaning towards that as a plan of attack. It would be nice to see the journey our troops will be makeing.
      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Let's see if pics are working again: (edited: nope, not yet)

Attached Files
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

cavebear - upload it to Poly and then put it in as a url. That works as we rely on it in the Civ3 ISDG, where it is still working.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Always aware of the requests of the citizenry, and eager to meet those requests , President Cavebear has been good enough as to supply me the means with which to prepare and post another map of the world as we currently know it.

The last map I was able to prepare was some time ago, and the world has changed considerably. I believe that Citizen Z(edd) has done the Imperium a service in requesting this ...but one warning, before you click the link below (on the detailed map) it is HUGE...and may take a while to load on slower computers.

Click *here* for the detailed map...which is very large, and may take a while to load...if it reduces size on your screen, hold your mouse over the map and click the icon that appears in the lower right hand corner of the map.

/me volunteer Cartographer, Citizen of the Apolyton Imperium
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

the SMC bows for the mighty Cartograhper's skills.

very nice(huge comes to mind)

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Almost looks like it spells out something, doesn't it?
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Praised be the great leaders of the Apolyton Imperium, your subjects are grateful for the enlightenment. This knowledge fills our hearts with pride to know we are the masters of such an enormous world, we are truly powerful.
                  Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Who designed this looney map?
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

atomant IIRC.
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Yes, it was atomant. We wanted a map that would eliminate naval victory and was large. Atomant had one, and he warned us it was not entirely "normal" (he named it "Capt Chaos").

Comment

I think the map was a good idea. We got a fairly crummy starting location (no rivers or ocean to speak of) and were consequently handicapped. Even though we were never seriously threatened with defeat, I think it was challenging

That said, imagine if we had started where the Americans did... this one would have been over fast
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

A lot of good it did the Americans though!

Does anyone think that we should still be founding cities, or should we just accept that the civ will grow bigger thanks to Shade's steamrolling the other civs into submission? IMO, we don't need any more cities as it will make each turn a marathon for the President, and we have enough troops to capture all of the AI cities without too much difficulty.

Comment

The Americans were actually doing very well, until they met us

One of the great things about Fundy is that we don't need a lot of cities to support a lot of units. We definitely don't need more cities, except for perhaps an occasional new city placed for strategic purposes.
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                              X