Map of the known World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map of the known World

Just a thought, and because I am new to this "Democracy" type of game, I am sure it isn't a new thought, but it is new for me.

I am having trouble visualizing the game, even though the posted screenshots by the President and the Ministers are great (the Polyticians?).

I have spliced together the map from 1300 AD from one of the threads, and though I can't find a more up to date map (yet ) I would like to get a map after every turn, I just hope the picture isn't too big to add as an attachment.

btw, if either another map exists to enable me to attach the Northeast map (I could not find a square on Northeast and on the other maps to join them) or if an updated map exists, I will happily refresh this.

(Hmm, the attachment didn't work, editing now )
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

100 AD: (The Shady Years)

[img]http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Spa...ldMap100AD.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Sparrowhawk; July 8, 2003, 00:11.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Comment

Thanks HTower.
        Thats what I was trying to do!

Comment

you need to place the [ img] [ /img] tags around the link for the picture

Comment

725 bc:

Comment

When you guys take the screenshots could you please turn off the grid? It makes it hard to see when it is so small.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
              Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                When you guys take the screenshots could you please turn off the grid? It makes it hard to see when it is so small.
                What? I like the grid! Lets you guess how much turns will it take to go somewere.
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I agree with john, the grid makes it fast and simple to see your city's radius and to count movement rate. Of course you can do this without the grit but the difference is the ease of use.
                  Grid lines.
                  Wizards sixth rule:
                  "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                  Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

I third that vote, it was much easier to paste together the maps when there were gridlines (though I should take this opportunity to thank Cavebear, this map is very complete, he obviously took the time to ensure that the entire map was shown in his screen shots, Thank You ) Plus it is easier to count spaces with the gridlines.

Comment

Nice looking.... perhaps you could have two versions of the map - one that size and you could click on it for the full size, normal zoom map.

PM me if you need to know how to do this.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That would be cool. You'd just need to create a hyperlink that looks like the small map linking to the large map, am I correct?

BB
                        April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Attempting this a new way, with the smaller version displayed and a larger (more detailed version in a link at the bottom of the map). No promises that this will work, but I am certain you will all point it out to me if it doesn't

Larger more detailed map

Comment

Hmm, didn't work the way I wanted it to, hopefully you get the idea at least.

Oh, on another note, the North east portion doesn't link up with the rest of the map, just missing a few squares I think.

Sparrowhawk
                            Citizen

Comment

there's a gap between the east and west portion of the north-east piece, but it overlaps with the piece below it.

Comment

Working...
                              X