No announcement yet.

Map of the known World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed that too, but it almost seems as though the piece below it is of a different scale. The Northern Piece is smaller scale then the Southern (rest of map) so I was unable to piece them together.
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

That's odd about the NE corner; I don't know how that happened. I can't recall doing anything that would have changed the scale in the Civ2 program, so it must be something I did in Paint without realizing it.

In any case, there is nothing of importance in the gap.

But I would like to thank Sparrowhawk for another fine effort in producing a cohesive map for the benefit of all of us! The Known World map is helpful to everyone, but it been of assistance to me, specifically. I print out the map on large paper on the color printer at work and keep it beside me as I play the session. It's easier to keep the distances in mind as I play.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Hmm... interesting how that didn't work out.... if I win the Foreign Affairs job I will try that way when I get the save. It works for me in Civ3, no reason why it shouldn't here.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have attached a zoomed out image of the entire world to the second post of this thread. Don't look at it if you are looking for detail, as you won't get it there, just an overall view of the world as we know it.

I hope to add a larger detail map soon, but no promises as to when.

Sparrowhawk
          Minister of Science
          Part Time Cartographer (300 years and we discovered three new sciences, we tend to have a lot of free time)

FYI: New sciences this past turn...Monotheism, Bridge Building, Chemistry
          Last edited by Sparrowhawk; July 8, 2003, 01:11.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Looks good

Doing a map like this looks much better without the gridlines, and it isn't that much harder to line up the mosaic. It also helps to add in more legible city names.

Perhaps we could make a set of terrain .gifs designed specifically for viewing while zoomed out.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Trying again with the two sized map (small displayed, large attached as link). Didn't work very well last time, but hopefully it works better this time.

Sparrowhawk

Click here for the larger more detailed map

Comment

Working...
              X