Military exploration orders 2500BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military exploration orders 2500BC

Yep again you get an enourmous list of order to choose from...but then again ,we are ordering 7 units around with only 14 options

First there is Glorificus our latest conquest sould the archer remain there or should it explore? Personally I would let it explore a little and then keep it there for defence and send out an other horse from there.

Second hotspot is the hut near Imperialis wich unit should pop it archer or horsemen?If we go with the horsemen and something bad happens it can attack 1 hostile unit and if we are lucky an other hostile unit might be in range of our archer.

and finally we have the exploring horsemen east of our empire...should they continue their path or change to an other one.
    (note that if you think only the second and third horsemen need to continue you pick the option 9 and the option you have in mind for the first one)
    and there still is that archer near dominion...

At this moment we have 7 units exploring(4 horse and 3 archer) do we need more explorers or is this the maximum army our ppl want to see?(= are you getting tired of these enormous questionairs? )

go and vote (2 days)

Shade
    Attached Files
    archer of Glorificus go path 1
    5.80%
    archer of Glorificus go path 2
    5.80%
    archer of Glorificus go path 3
    1.45%
    archer of Glorificus stay at Glorificus
    4.35%
    5a) Archer should pop the hut
    10.14%
    5b)Horsemen should pop the hut
    4.35%
    Archer and horsemen go path 6
    1.45%
    Archer and horsemen go path 7
    4.35%
    Archer and horsemen go path 8
    5.80%
    let the horses boldly go like they were going before :D(path9)
    13.04%
    The archer near Dominion should explore and go south (path 10)
    7.25%
    The archer near dominion should go and live peacefully in Dominion far away from all danger of the world :scared:
    5.80%
    Alternative West route for first horsemen(12)
    1.45%
    Alternative North route for second horsemen(13)
    1.45%
    Alternative South route for third horsemen(14)
    2.90%
    We need many more exploring units :evilgrin:
    4.35%
    More units? Are you insane! Now I already need an entire day to fill in this questionair :doitnow!:
    8.70%
    Phew done...Give me a banana so I can relax...
    11.59%

The poll is expired.

ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

the hut that needs to get popped
    Attached Files
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

and our brave horsemen going boldly where no horsemen has gone before
      Attached Files

Comment

very, long poll! But beats the 21375692386587219 question- poll!
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
          very, long poll! But beats the 21375692386587219 question- poll!
          I saved that one for next time

btw I'm getting some very strange results out this poll...
          eg: out of 3 voting ppl 2 think the archer near Dominion should go explore and 2 think it should stay in Dominion...

Now, who is the Schizophrenic poster?
          I'm sure it wasn't me, and me neither.

Shade

Comment

How about something more conceptual next time instead of such considerable specificity? I would rather just choose to say that the Horsemen should radiate outwards and the 1-move units should just reveal the squares around the cities. Save the questions about individual units for when they run into something special (like which direction along a river or popping a hut).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I agree with cavebear. Make it less specific so that it will be easier for us.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
              Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

2, 5a, 8, 9, 14, no more explorers, and a banana.
                April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  How about something more conceptual next time instead of such considerable specificity? I would rather just choose to say that the Horsemen should radiate outwards and the 1-move units should just reveal the squares around the cities. Save the questions about individual units for when they run into something special (like which direction along a river or popping a hut).
                  I did some calculations and made some predictions:
                  1 time there were 3 units/20options => 6.666 options/unit
                  2e time we have 7 units and 18 options => 2.57options/unit

==> this should mean something like 0.99options/unit for next poll, I don't think there will be 7 new units...take worst case then there will be 10 units=> 10 options.
                  (extrapolating for the 4th poll over 14 units will give 5 options )
                  Feeling beter already

Shade

Comment

god knows, many of us can't follow simple instructions..giving us these options is crazy.......

but well thought out
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

But Shade, you give multiple options per unit, and you didn't count that in your calculations.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Don't worry Cavebear I did...(math beeing an almost integrated part of my genome doesn't allow such things)

Have a little faith and whithin 3 polls there probably will only be one option left(the banana option )

so everybody keep on voting and urn your banana.

Shade

Comment

I voted for the Horses to keep exploring the grassy/good terrain areas, where they move the fastest and uncover the most good land the most quickly. The Archers should fill in the gaps left by the Horses and then stop at some of our existing cities. If we pop the hut with the Archer, then the Horse can go on and reveal more huts faster.

Basically, let the Horses do what they are good at - running around in flat land at speed, and the Archers move cumbersomely around the black nearer to our cities.
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Use the archers to uncover the 2+ move terrain, and have the horses put their movement points to good use.
                            April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

i vote for putting archers on rivers and letting the horsies explore everywhere else.
                              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Working...
                              X