Quotes database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was some good ones, panag!
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo.

I loved this one!
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: murphys military law

Originally posted by panag
        MURPHY'S LAWS OF COMBAT
        Heh, I read those in the manual of Half-Life: Opposing Force.

I always liked this one:

--"If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU."

Comment

Ah, but it's not always true Zopper- if you have a bigger gun, then you don't have anything to worry about
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The 5 Scariest Things in the Army!

1. A Private saying, "I learned this in basic training..."
            2. A Sergeant saying, "Trust me, sir..."
            3. A Second Lieutenant saying, "Based on my experience..."
            4. A Captain saying, "I was just thinking..."
            5. And a Warrant Officer chuckling, "Watch this $%!#..."

hi ,

this is a good one , .....

some-how there are moments that the above fits in the civ 3 demo game , .......

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

time for some good quality quotes ;

"When you reach the point when you can no longer be silent, start doing what is needed, then what you can. Soon you'll be doing the impossible"
              Kurt Muse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

Thoreau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tell them of us and say,
              For their tomorrow,
              We gave our today."

-- The Kohima Epitaph

"And he tells me that we’re going to move when there’s a helicopter. And that, and that we were going home. So we walked down the hall and, and the guy who was gonna kill me, he can’t kill me anymore."

Kurt Muse

"We wanted aces. Daredevils, barnstormers, hot rodders, guys (pilots) who could pick it up, turn it around on a dime, and put it back down with a flair. "

"Chargin' Charlie"

"It takes a remarkable person not just to say a creed and memorize a creed, but to live by a creed."

Stephanie Shughart

"One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment. If it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along."-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt .

"I took a different route from most and came into Special Forces... I had made a decision then that, as far as I was concerned, I had found what I wanted in the military, and I simply had to find a way to stay with it."

Col. Nick Rowe

"When a soldier was injured and could not get back to safety, his buddy went out to get him, against his officer's orders. He returned mortally wounded, and his friend, whom he had carried back, was dead. The officer was angry. 'I told you not to go,' he said. 'Now I've lost both of you. It was not worth it.' The dying man repied, But it was, sir, because when I got to him, he said, 'Jim, I knew you'd come.'"

Leslie D. Weatherhead

"That there, the guard on the third floor had apparently not resisted and he was just handcuffed, I mean his hands were behind his back and his feet were tied, and don’t know what it was tied with, but he was a non-soldier but he was not dead. And so they, these commandos weren’t there to kill people, they were there to get me out. And they didn’t kill anybody. They had the ability to kill every single man, every single man in the whole place, but they didn’t. "

Kurt Muse

"It’s hard to put those, those feelings and emotions into words. I mean, it, it—they’re so, they’re so complex and because they’re, someone who trains, someone’s who is a soldier and who’s mission is to save you and, and that person goes in there and does it, and accomplishes a mission, if you’re on the receiving end of that, it’s, it’s (unintelligible) on a mission. I mean, it’s your life and you, you owe these people, I owe these people my life. And they’re, they’re, they’re the finest of the finest, they’re the best of the best. Um, I had to see them before I left. I had to. "

Kurt Muse

"So, this colonel came bank and um, and took me into the tent where the six fellows were, were (unintelligible) out on stretchers and they were in various degrees of, of hurt. And when I went in there, they were all smilin’ at me. And one of ‘em said, Moose, it’s good to see your face again. Wow. How can you, how can, how can you, how, how—what do you say? What do you do? And, and, and, and I couldn’t say anything. I mean, I was all choked up. And, and all I did was, was get down on my knees and I sort of grabbed one that was nearest to, I forget his name, kinda hugged him. And, and told them, thank you, (unintelligible) that, um, how thankful I was. I knew that I lost, I lost the ability to speak. And I knew that the—I was in the army for a short while and I knew that you, you salute people that, that are your superiors or you salute people that you respect. And so all I could muster up was just to salute. I couldn’t speak. And so I saluted these four or five or six or, I forget exactly how many wounded commandos, and then left. "

Kurt Muse

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."

Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

Sir Winston Churchill

"So look up ahead at times to come, despair is not for us. We have a world and more to see, while this remains behind."

Col. Nick Rowe

hi ,

enjoy

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

No plan survives the first contact intact

The version I heard was "No plan survives the enemy". Just sounds better
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

"When a soldier was injured and could not get back to safety, his buddy went out to get him, against his officer's orders. He returned mortally wounded, and his friend, whom he had carried back, was dead. The officer was angry. 'I told you not to go,' he said. 'Now I've lost both of you. It was not worth it.' The dying man repied, But it was, sir, because when I got to him, he said, 'Jim, I knew you'd come.'"

Leslie D. Weatherhead

That's just beautiful
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I agree with FP. Touching stuff

Comment

The Military Wife

The good Lord was creating a model for military wives and was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared. She said," Lord, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one. What's wrong with the standard model?"

The Lord replied," Have you seen the specs on this order? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both mother and father, be a perfect hostess for four to 40 with an hour notice, run on black coffee, handle every emergency imaginable without a manual, be able to carry on cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu, and she must have six pair of hands."

The angel shook her head. "Six pair of hands? No way!"
                      The Lord continued. "Don't worry, we will make other military wives to help her. And we will give her an unusually strong heart so it can swell with pride in her husbands achievements, sustain the pain of separation, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough to say, "I understand" when she doesn't and "I love you" regardless.
                      "Lord," said the angel, touching his arm gently, "Go to bed and get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow."

"I can't stop now," Said the Lord. "I am so close to creating something unique. Already this model heals herself when she is sick, can put up six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave good-bye to her husband from a pier, a runway or a depot, and understand why it's important that he leave."
                      The angel circled the model of the military wife, looked at it
                      closely and sighed.

"It looks fine, but it's too soft."
                      "She may look soft," replied the Lord, "but she had the strength of a lion. You would not believe what she can endure."
                      Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Lord's creation. "There's a leak," she announced. "Something is wrong with the construction. I'm not surprised that it has cracked. You are trying to put too much into this model."

The Lord appeared offended at the angel's lack of confidence. "What you see is not a leak," he said. "It's a tear."
                      "A tear? What is it there for?" asked the angel.
                      The Lord replied, "It's for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride and dedication to all the values that she and her husband hold dear."
                      "You are a genius!" exclaimed the angel.
                      The Lord looked puzzled and replied, "I didn't put it there."

Author Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Family Might Be Hooah If...

~Your newborn must attend Rip within the first 30 days of life...
                      ~Your wife's two favorite shades of lipstick are light green and loam...
                      ~Your children clear housing before going to college...
                      ~You require your mechanic to replace the sandbags in you floorboard as part of a routine tune-up...
                      ~Your station wagon is equipped with blackout lights...
                      ~Your kids volunteer to pull air guard on the school bus...
                      ~Your kids call their mother "Household 6."
                      ~You give the command "Fix bayonets" at Thanksgiving Dinner...
                      ~Your kids show their meal cards at the kitchen door, except the oldest, who is on seperate rations...
                      ~You make your daughter sign out on Prom Night...
                      ~You refer to your spouse affectionately as "the wifely unit."
                      ~Your wife conducts an AAR hotwash after sex...
                      ~Your son fails the third grade but tells everyone he was a "phase three recycle."
                      ~Your kids get an LES for their allowance...
                      ~You threaten to punish your spouse for having dinner too late by reducing her to "Wife First Class."
                      ~Your kids recite their ABC's phonetically...
                      ~Your wife left you and you held a "Change of Command" ceramony...
                      ~Your dog's name is "Ranger."
                      ~Your son's name is "Ranger."
                      ~All your possessions are military issue...
                      ~Your kids fashion silly putty to look like Claymores and put them at the perimeter of the backyard...
                      ~your newborn's first words were "all OK Jumpmaster."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hooah (who-ah), adj. U.S. Army Slang. Referring to, or meaning anything and everything except "no." Generally used when at a loss for words. Also:

1 good copy, solid copy, roger, good or great; message received, understood.
                      2 glad to meet you, welcome.
                      3 I do not know, but will check on it, I haven't the vaguest idea.
                      4 I am not listening.
                      5 that is enough of your drivel--sit down.
                      6 stop sniveling.
                      7 you've got to be kidding.
                      8 yes.
                      9 thank you.
                      10 go to the next [briefing] slide.
                      11 you have taken the correct action.
                      12 I don't know what that means, but am too embarrassed to ask for clarification.
                      13 that is really neat, I want one too.
                      14 amen.

hi ,

the first is touching , .....

have a nie day , hoaah ( meaning have a nice day )

Comment

Working...
                      X