No announcement yet.

Blocking ads... Against the rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, let's not get into what state commits what atrocities...
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Abdul and Scholwer,

I recommend reading the contracts for more important and valuable products and services. E.g. I decided not to buy from Dell's Finnish website after I read their mumble jumble agreement.

Mitch,

you have to block all pop-ups in Mozilla in order to have a pop-up free ACS experience. The feature for blocking pop-ups for specific sites doesn't work with Poly.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul-Aziz
        Well, actually, only a few times :-) . This was more like a joke than realistic post.

BTW, why are you using Israeli flag if you don't live in Israel (as your location shows)? There are (more than) enough Jews here to bare that flag... (I am also not from Saudi Arabia actually, but I use flag since there is nobody from Saudi Arabia. Also, Saudi Arabia is quite a normal state, while Israel commits genocide...)

hi ,

why are you always bashing on Jews and Israel , we dont bash on you all the time do we , ..... and why do you always want to bring up Israel , ...... this thread is about "blocking ads ......against the rules" , ......

bye
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Abdul, you're apparently Arab, judging by your name. I decided to switch the Israeli flag on in support of Israel and to show that I consider it my country. I believe all Jews at Apolyton should have the flag.

And let's not discuss whether Israel commits genocide or not here, that stuff gets hot usually.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi,

Why do you have a picture of war criminal and killer in your avatar? Your "location" (in profile) isn't very peaceful either, and your sig "freedom exists only in book" also shows your opinion on Palestine. Although you do not "bash me all the time" (that is arguable, since by now you've posted in all the threads about Israel I've posted in), your profile is aloready provocative. It would be the same if I'd use Hitler's face in avatar, words "MY WORDS ARE BACKED WITH CONCENTRATION CAMPS" (in all caps) as a "location" and "Jews could exist only in hell" in my signature (I am not a nazi, this was just an example). This would be already provocative enough for someone to start bashing me. Same with you actually, although I did never bashed you before you started doing so.

I don't want to bring Israel everywhere, I asked Aolver about it here since it was the first time I saw him. I know, I should've send PM, but I am still not relative with all the forums options.

Comment

take this issue off this thread now
              thanks
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Solver, I am not an Arab, my nick is name of King Abdul-Aziz (not everybody whose nick is Ramses is Egyptian, not everybody with nick Genghis Khan is Mongolian and not everybody with nick Mao Ze Dong is Chinese).

So OK, Israelis at Apolyton could have their flag, I have nothing against it. Does btw this means that you are also a Jew?

Comment

Yes, I am a Jew.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Uhhh... What did MarkG just say...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      Uhhh... What did MarkG just say...
                      that's he's about to ban the DL finally?

EDIT: Haha! I was right! Well, ming banned him anyways, but still.

Last edited by H Tower; February 26, 2003, 17:40.

Comment

Good call, H Tower.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Good call, Ming!

Comment

BTW, I thought I told Mozilla to block popups from this site, but I stlil get them up the arse. Evil ads.

Opera's pop-up blocking is 100% effective.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X