Slow the news items Dan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow the news items Dan!

Often I miss a lot of news items because they are posted too close to eachother...

Could you slow down, or enlarge the news thingy to display 3 items rather than one?

I remember the last time someone complained about too many news updates. Mark G gave one of the funniest lines I every saw here. Anybody else remeber it?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

No, but I'm willing to be reminded of it...
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I don't recall it either...........maybe MarkG will pop in and repeat his comedy gem.

Comment

sorry for working on our site

or something like that

thinking about it again, it might be better to say

sorry that our work alarms you of your laziness
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

How about just making some headlines on the news item page that link to the items in question...
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i'm not sure what you mean, but if you click on the "news" link on the links at the top of the forum pages(between "directory" and "store") you will be taken to the news archive page which shows all the news items from all sections in one page

Comment

If you drop the text that I crossed out (or just make it smaller), and make title a link (to open a new brouwer window containing that particular article?), the items won't drop as fast as thay do now.

Btw; is that page optimised for 800x600, because I have alot of space on the right side of the page
                (ready to be filled with ads,banners,... )
                Attached Files
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i believe frozzy is talking about the news headlines drop-down menu at the top of forum pages....

Comment

The news bar has been scrolling by very fast recently, but all it really takes is to remember to click on the drop-down box once every couple of days and scan the most recent 5 or 10 entries for anything that interests you.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Exactly - more effort.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I like the news side bar on the forums index. if you ever pull your nose outside the ot - use it

Comment

Maybe don't stop with the news items, but at least run them through a spell checker:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            No, but I'm willing to be reminded of it...
                            "Perhaps it is time to rediscover the lost art of non updating"
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Yeah that is funnier than MarkG's recollection of his own quip.

Comment

Working...
                              X