New service: FILE UPLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New service: FILE UPLOAD

linked from the top of the forum pages (and soon from the directory pages) in the place of the calendar link(now linked only on the front forum page in the birthdays section)

FAQ

Test it out!
    Last edited by MarkG; February 18, 2003, 07:36.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Ah cool, man

Comment

What are we allowed to upload?

Comment

Somewhat working and maybe even useful, but it lacks proper navigation links and you can't manage any files right now.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Somewhat working
          please describe the non-working aspects

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            What are we allowed to upload?
            civ* files, civ* images, civ* saved games, etc

* civ = civ1/2/3, ctp1/2, smac, moo1/2/3, ron, etc

Comment

How do we get rid of a file?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Right, now I'm convinced that the intoduction of the system was premature. I have already uploaded 24,1 MB and the system hasn't prevented me from doing that. So basically I could keep uploading until the Linux disk partition which has Apache and all the files runs out of space. I.e. you have opened a nice backdoor for collapsing Settler.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  please describe the non-working aspects
                  It's somewhat working if there's no proper navigation links, no file and disk space indicators, no possibility to remove files and you can virtually upload as much as you want, until it chokes. Now that isn't a fully working system.

Comment

Right, now I'm convinced that the intoduction of the system was premature.
                    do you see a news item or forum-wide announcement? if no, the feature is in testing mode

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                      How do we get rid of a file?
                      coming up

Comment

can we use this to link to the private forums using the [img] tag?

We can't do that now (just tried it), but could that be done in the future?
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          do you see a news item or forum-wide announcement? if no, the feature is in testing mode
                          Well, I hope you don't mind that you now host the shareware mahjong game Kyodai. I don't condemn this feature, but I just point out that it still lacks quite much.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                            can we use this to link to the private forums using the [img] tag?
                            hmmm what was the file you tried to link to?

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                              Well, I hope you don't mind that you now host the shareware mahjong game Kyodai. I don't condemn this feature, but I just point out that it still lacks quite much.
                              i knew i could count on you to find out the possible abuses of the syste

Comment

Working...
                              X