Directory Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directory Search

Just wondering, Mark... I did a search in the Apolyton Directory for a file- and searched all sections, since I wasn't sure where it might be located...

and I noticed that it would really help if the search results would tell the user where the file came from... Civ II/III/CTP etc.

In this search:

xxxxxxxx

I received links to all sorts of files... and was confused trying to find out which one was the correct one for Civ II!

...Some were unclear on which game they worked for...

Could you please fix this?
    Thanks!

-DC
    Last edited by DarkCloud; February 2, 2003, 15:44.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

and I noticed that it would really help if the search results would tell the user where the file came from... Civ II/III/CTP etc.
    yeah i know. as much as it's hard to imagine it, the way the software of the directory is structured, doing what you ask is a bit difficult
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

...That's scary... But I understand... I won't complain any more... But could you make it a 30K users feature !
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

While we're at the subject of the directory, I suggest you take a look at the security! With the link DarkCloud gave I was logged in as DarkCloud in the directory, and could access his profile etc.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

AAAAAHHHH! I'll edit that out and PM mark.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
          X