Yikes! Parasite Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it.

Someone post a link to the main page please. I enter the site through a secret forum .

Comment

people wouldn't have these problems if they only surfed 'Poly and top40-charts.com
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

apolyton is a plague on web-based humanity.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I didn't see a warning image. just this.

C U R R E N T G A M E S
          Call To Power II
          Civilization III
          Master of Orion 3
          Rise of Nations
          Alternative Civs

O T H E R S E C T I O N S
          Miscellaneous
          Forums/Dir/Store/Radio
          Chat/Interviews/News
          595 people in the forums,
          9 people in the chat room,
          563 members in 26 CivGroups
          About Apolyton
          Dinosaurs

C L A S S I C S
          Alpha Centauri
          Call To Power
          Civilization II
          Civilization I

23.Jan/MoO3: IN-HOUSE PREVIEW ONLINE: PART 323.Jan/Civ3: PCG-UK GIVES 71/100 SCORE22.Jan/About: APOLYTON YEARBOOK II AVAILABLE22.Jan/RoN: FANSITE WEEKLY SCREENS #722.Jan/RoN: ONGOING GAME DIGEST22.Jan/RoN: INTERNATIONAL RELEASE SET?22.Jan/Alt: GALCIV HAS LOTS `GOING FOR IT`22.Jan/RoN: RELEASE DATE IS OFFICIAL22.Jan/Civ3: 20$ CIV3 ON AMAZON22.Jan/Civ2: SD CONTEST #5 / HISTORY OF SCENA...22.Jan/Civ3: UPDATES: NEW EARTH SCENARIO & PA...22.Jan/Civ3: INTERSITE DEMOCRACY GAME FORMING UP22.Jan/Civ3: STORIES CONTEST 14: FINALS21.Jan/Misc: UNITS GET COLOUR IN `C:TB`21.Jan/MoO3: IS IT ONE OF THE `GAMES OF JANUA...21.Jan/RoN: GS` 15TH `MOST WANTED` FOR PC21.Jan/Civ3: PCG `PTW` REVIEW: 68/10021.Jan/Alt: GALCIV BETA 4Z IS HERE21.Jan/Alt: UPDATED GALCIV MANUAL21.Jan/Alt: FREECIV V1.14.0 IS OUT21.Jan/CtP2: DEMO GAME 2ND TERM21.Jan/MoO3: LINKS NOW IN DIRECTORY20.Jan/Civ3: BUG IN ITALIAN V1.29F PATCH20.Jan/Alt: DEBUT APPEARANCE ON AVAULT `TOP 10`20.Jan/MoO3: SIXTH WEEK COUNTING: AVAULT `TOP...20.Jan/CtP: VOTE FOR OR AGAINST: `TLGT`20.Jan/SMAC: VOTE FOR OR AGAINST: `TLGT`20.Jan/Civ3: VOTE IS IN @ `PC|IGN 2K2 AWARDS`20.Jan/RoN: SOMERS ON RPG-STYLE SCENARIOS19.Jan/Alt: FREECIV VOTING @ `TLGT`

WELCOME to Apolyton Civilization Site, dedicated to the continued storage and retrieval of the most comprehensive collection of Civilization-related material on the Internet. Founded on July 26th, 1998, this site has since proven itself as a leading epicenter of activity in the community as a one stop resource for all things "Civ" from late-breaking news, interactive discussions to the hottest customized downloads. Logon and stay informed!

M Y A P O L Y T O N
          Welcome back, (Dissident)
          The time now is 10:37.
          You last visited: 23-01-2003 00:44.
          Private Messaging: Read your messages!
          You have 0 new message(s) since last visit (0 unread, 21 total messages)

H O S T E D S I T E S
          Spanish CivII WesW's CTP1/2
          Civ3 Scenario Haven Civ. Scen. Collection
          Clash Of Civs. Cradle Of Civ.
          CTPMaps H.A.C.
          Scenario League Art of War

A F F I L I A T E S I T E S
          GameLeague

PART 3 ONLINE

RELEASE DATE SET

NEW SET: 13/03/02

N E W S C E N T R E
          CIVILIZATION III
          23.Jan: PCG-UK GIVES 71/100 SCORE
          22.Jan: 20$ CIV3 ON AMAZON
          22.Jan: UPDATES: NEW EARTH SCENARIO & PATCH SUGGESTION MOD

MASTER OF ORION 3
          23.Jan: IN-HOUSE PREVIEW ONLINE: PART 3
          21.Jan: IS IT ONE OF THE `GAMES OF JANUARY`?
          21.Jan: LINKS NOW IN DIRECTORY

RISE OF NATIONS
          22.Jan: FANSITE WEEKLY SCREENS #7
          22.Jan: ONGOING GAME DIGEST
          22.Jan: INTERNATIONAL RELEASE SET?

CALL TO POWER II
          21.Jan: DEMO GAME 2ND TERM
          09.Jan: DEMOCRACY GAME UNDERWAY
          17.Nov: TILEEDIT PATCH

CALL TO POWER
          20.Jan: VOTE FOR OR AGAINST: `TLGT`
          12.Jan: CTP DEMOCRACY GAME TO BEGIN!
          08.Jan: DEMOCRACY GAME SIGNUP

ALPHA CENTAURI
          20.Jan: VOTE FOR OR AGAINST: `TLGT`
          03.Jan: ACDG: ELECTION RESULTS & GENERAL NEWS
          14.Dec: `GURPS`, THE NEW BATTLEFIELD

ALTERNATE CIVS.
          22.Jan: GALCIV HAS LOTS `GOING FOR IT`
          21.Jan: GALCIV BETA 4Z IS HERE
          21.Jan: UPDATED GALCIV MANUAL

MISCELLANEOUS
          21.Jan: UNITS GET COLOUR IN `C:TB`
          18.Jan: FREE SHIPPING FROM EAGLE GAMES
          18.Jan: CULTURAL EXPANSION IN `C:TB`

ABOUT APOLYTON
          22.Jan: APOLYTON YEARBOOK II AVAILABLE
          17.Jan: STORE: 2003 CALENDARS
          16.Jan: 4000 NEWS ITEMS!

Apolyton Civilization Site -- Copyright © Daniel Quick and Markos Giannopoulos
          This site is an independently owned and operated fansite and as a non-corporate entity is in no way affiliated with any of the companies referred to herein. All trademarks and tradenames referenced here remain the property of their respective owners
          forums archive

Comment

That all looks fine Diss.

I belive the warning should appear on screen if there's a problem - I think somebody posted a screenshot once. I've never had a problem, though, and don't intend getting infected by Xupiter just to check how the system works.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Diss and FP,

did you read my reply to Solver? He asked the same question, so you find the answer there. But briefly: no special messages on the main page and you use MSIE = you're clean from what the script is capable of detecting. Special messages and you use MSIE = you have been infected by something and in order to get it fixed, you should follow the links for more details. You use Mozilla/Opera/Netscape/Konqueror = the script won't work (AFAIK).
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

did you read my reply to Solver?

Obviously not. Sorry.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No problem. It's already the second or third time today I have pointed out that the same question was actually replied to by me on a previous page of the same thread.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Spybot is more thorough than Poly's frontpage at detecting parasites.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Indeed. It's only a provisonal counter measure, unlike Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

Comment

Yes, get a copy of spybot. It's the best.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

lessons of the day
                          1) our front page's main function is NOT to detect parasites.
                          2) spybot doesnt offer any of the info our front page has
                          Last edited by MarkG; January 23, 2003, 17:10.
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Ahh... you mean that link called "Forums"? Yes, indeed, it's more important.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              lessons of the day
                              1) our front page's main function is NOT to detect parasites.
                              2) spybot doesnt offer any of the info our front page has
                              You were the one lauding the parasite detection. Ming and Rasbelin's responses warranted my post.

Just saying.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Any chance to get this working for Opera?
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X