Dumb question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question...

On my profile, there are numbers for "A: D: M: HP:" I assume this is my unit rating a la CivII. But the numbers keep changing... what makes them change? How are they related?

I looked in the FAQ, and if it's there, it's well hidden.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

i think the following thread is the most concise explanation given to date:

see saggy d's and phoenixcager's posts (4th and 5th)
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Much obliged
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think MarkG needs a script that looks for people posting questions about these stats and then automatically posts a link to that thread.

Comment

Isn't it in the FAQ?

Comment

I don't think it is actually.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
              I think MarkG needs a script that looks for people posting questions about these stats and then automatically posts a link to that thread.
              Nah, the +1 effect will ensure they always get a reply.

Something I just thought of though, it would probably be a good idea if the Posts Stats: title in a user's profile was a link to a decent explanation.

Having this info in the faq would make linking to the faq much easier too.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Very good idea indeed
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I wonder when Mark is going to make something more of the stats?
                  (Such as my earlier suggestion )
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                    I wonder when Mark is going to make something more of the stats?
                    (Such as my earlier suggestion )
                    It might be useful for you to repeat that suggestion, for those of us with bad memories.

Comment

So we can all record a ++ for applauding it!

SG[1]
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Come now Scouse. Helping out your fellow poster isn't spam. This is old news to you or I but some people haven't heard yet.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

higher numbers = more spam
                          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

higher numbers = more meaningful contribution to the Apolyton community.

Comment

Curiously, you are probably both right.

Comment

Working...
                              X