5-msg-a-row threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-msg-a-row threads

Some people are posting many messages in a row because it is sometimes easier to do so to answer long messages or more than one messages. I just thought it could be nice if these addings would cumulate to the last message you've written or something... May be automatic or by default, dunno. One of the worst exemples I've seen is here and in these kind of threads it makes so that you pass from page 14 to 17 in 24 hours... And it just takes more place.

Just an idea...
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Are you talking about introducing branching threads?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

i don't think he is. if for instance i was to make two posts in a row, the server would automatically combine the two posts into one post.

Comment

I just thought it could be nice if these addings would cumulate to the last message you've written or something...
        No, this wouldn't be good.
        Sometimes I post a second post below a first because I am replying to someone and want them to notice it... sometimes a BOLD isn't enough when you reply to about 8 people or make long replies.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

bumps wouldn't work either

Comment

I don't think he is. if for instance i was to make two posts in a row, the server would automatically combine the two posts into one post.

I don't see how that makes a topic easier to follow.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

it would make it a lot harder IMO

Comment

Ok ok, I'm gonna burry myself under the rug...

COULD be unautomatic maybe...
                Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

yeah you don't want that, but you also dont' want people abusing posts by posting 5 posts in a row for the same topic.

always wait for someone to respond first
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

It doesn't really matter who has posted however many times unless they have a really annoying avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                      COULD be unautomatic maybe...
                      Yes, in the sense that if you have something to add and don't want to make a new post, use the nifty EDIT button
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't like it ... because people such as myself will never notice the new thoughts being posted.

And also it'd be a terrible lag on the server, as writing to the middle of a database is never good.
                        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Posting twice in a row is often necessary.....many people skim and you don't want part of a lengthier response to go unnoticed.

I checked out the example though......I think 5 or 6 is excessive.

Comment

threads like this one would never be possible if this was carried out. http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=64308

Comment

And that's a bad thing ?
                              j/k

Good catch H Tower
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X