Column #215: "Apolyton 2007"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Column #215: "Apolyton 2007"

Around four months to the day since its most previous installment was posted, The Column has returned to mark this holiday season. The article in question is written by Rasbelin, one of two co-moderators of the 'Stella Polaris' forum. Entitled "Apolyton 2007", he walks us through his predictions for five years time on the site of the same name (minus the numercial reference).

Comments etc. on this article are welcome in this thread.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Well, first I have to say that it's not that long, but originally I never wrote it as a The Column writing, so it's more of a short writing for a larger Christmas feature that I thought would be published. So I kept it abit shorter than my normal writings. I also admit that it could be better, but as I'm not a native English speaker, the language isn't as sophisticated as it could be, but at least it was fun writing it.

Maybe someone has something to add.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

All I have to say is.....Suomi!
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Ugh, IE 9.

/me retches
        /me throws up
        /me hurls
        /me involuntarily regurgitates
        /me experiences reverse peristalsis
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

thats ma year!

i thought the column was pretty good, although the author doesnt seem to have that grand of a vision for this site. i say, imagine an apolyton with a million members or an hourly column by a huge team of posters.

well, maybe it wont be that grand.

Comment

Nice going Ras. Great read

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
              thats ma year!

i thought the column was pretty good, although the author doesnt seem to have that grand of a vision for this site. i say, imagine an apolyton with a million members or an hourly column by a huge team of posters.

well, maybe it wont be that grand.
              A MILLION MEMBERS?!

With that many, we would never be able to log on I don't see the server being upgraded in the future
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I liked the beginning of the column but it kinda petered out. Eschew caveats, Ras. Tighten up.

Comment

I miss the old days when Markos would proudly say that he had never missed a column.

Comment

I wish Laz had written that Column.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well, if he hasn't sent anything since the one he published prematurely and added the numbering on his own, and also taking into concideration that I agreed to write something for Christmas to Apolyton, I assume that's why this one is written by me.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I agree with GP.

It starts out nice, but then comes the justification for your futuristic ideas which kind of spoils the fun. And it ends with practical info about supporting Apolyton, a good idea, but not really column material, IMHO.

Not too bad.

No, no, I LOVED it! Really! Please don't take my star away again
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Despite I'm not any Nicholas Negroponte, I predicted that Dinosaurs would be out in 2007 or 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

No, no, I LOVED it! Really! Please don't take my star away again

Well, we'll see...

Comment

Will Apolyton be here in 7 years? I've already noticed a decline...
                              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Working...
                              X