This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is it just me or do you guys sometimes get a blank white page with just "UUUUUUUUUUUUUU" in it when you're going about 'Poly?

I have got it a coupla times. I usually just assume MarkG's been eating pills he found in the street again or something

Comment

I bet Ming's gonna wanna close this thread when he sees the title. Too bad it's a real topic.

Comment

I've had it a few times.
        There was another thread on this last week sometime.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I've had several lately. Refreshing tends to fix it.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

When I refresh the UUUs end up in a smaller font size.

Comment

Can't say i have ever noticed it.
              (+1)

Comment

i also get random parts of the screen dissappearing, like the apolyton banner but nothing else

markos, don't eat yellow snow!
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I don't get blank pages with it...every once in a while I get "UUUUUUUUUU" with a bunch of other stuff that appears at the top of the screen. Everything else is just fine.

Comment

Can't really say I care.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

a few times. others i get àeùéëyüäàîéçö or something. not often though, and refreshing works

Comment

I get it sometimes. I pretend that the "uuuuuuuuuuu" thing is some sort of voodoo enchantment to make us stay longer at Poly.

It is working.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I can't help but utter "uuuuuuuuu" every time it happens in some faint hope that it will drive it off.

And it's getting worse... About 1 in every 4 times I change pages here at 'Poly it'll appear.

Comment

I've had it occasionally, not too often. Only once did I get the capital UUU's, refresh and get little uuu's. Every other time refreshing got me to the page I wanted.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The "UUUU"'s are just the server's way of telling you that although it's busy, it tried to complete your request but it was unable to do so (as opposed to a "server too busy" message forwarded by the forums database or a cryptic 'connection refused' screen).

Just try hitting the 'Refresh' button in your browser in a few moments; more often then not, this problem should not be prolonged more than a minute or two.

----------------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                              X