This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    Tell the truth Mark - do you have a commercial relationship with Firaxis? Any payola going on here? How much do they pay to advertise here?
    Come on. Horsie. That's like claiming that I get paid by Markos for listing and maintaining Poly's listings on DMOZ.

Well, maybe they get to beta test games like many others, yes, but that's still not bribery or backstage funding. Far away from that.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

If there isn't a commercial relationship Mark can just say so

They are also selling the game of course
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

carefull readers should notice how horsie did not respond back on the issue of never being banned for stating his opinion but rather on spam and trolling...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          But its only negative opinions that get shut down.
          Maybe it has something to do that messages with a strong negatibe and emotional message often tend to be spiced up with some kind words like "this game sucks badly" or "you figging ******** at Firaxis that can't even make a Tetris clone", etc.
          Its a clear case of censorship and owner/mod bias - and completely pointless because just about every second newbie that comes along is posting a thread complaining about the game. I think they are keeping the closed threads visible because they hope it might be a deterrent. They are vainly trying to stem the flood of compaints about a very shoddy product. Its CTP all over again. Mark G, our own King Canute
          Censorship? AFAIK no one has ever said that you can't express negative opinions on Poly, if they're well argued with facts and good personal opinions.

King Canute? Oh my... Maybe we should dress you up like Robert Mugabe then. Whines and plays stubborn without any good arguements.
          As for the "this is private site argument". Fine, do what you like - do I care if you make a fool of yourself?
          Who's the fool now, Horsie? Need a mirror?
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I just wonder if any of the whiners have heard about something called "constructive criticism." If you haven't heard about that, I recommend that you start exercising that. That's a good way to get anything improved by using criticism in a constructive way.

Comment

Yeah yeah horsie, pretty lame troll on you part. Anybody with half a brain can just look through the PTW and see plenty of negative comments about the game that aren't in closed threads.

So what's your excuse for not seeing all the negative comments horsie
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                carefull readers should notice how horsie did not respond back on the issue of never being banned for stating his opinion but rather on spam and trolling...
                Careful readers should note that horsie doesn't respond to red herrings

So, Mark, are you going to answer the question or not?

Hey Ming, you lost the argument, get over it
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

of course we're payed from firaxis! havent you seen our gloating review of ptw yet?

Comment

Its probably more not wanting to bite the hand that feeds you. You did the same thing with CTP I and II.

But its interesting you won't give a straight answer to a very simple question

Comment

the answer is no
                      not "no" but "no "

but how do you describe someone who is able to see but asks others what the color of the sun is?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse Hey Ming, you lost the argument, get over it
                        And how is that... you are the one saying that negative comments aren't being allowed, yet the PTW forum is full of them... seems like you are the losser in this one to anybody that can see the proof for themselves

So... just another horsie troll that just doesn't seem to be working Maybe your next one will work better than this one did
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

btw, i was describing ctp1's problems before even the game was out
                          but then again you already know that since all you be doing is digging up answered issues from the past(while trying to hide your own obsession to troll behind an imaginary persona that is supposed to fight and get banned for the right to speak )

Comment

Oooh! No need to get sooo defensive guys

So basically what you are saying Mark is you do have a commercial relationship with Firaxis and that is why you are censoring negative comments about PTW.

Right, I thought so.

Comment

right...

when you get real answers it's "geting defensive"....

sorry but your thread got horsified Anaximander...

Comment

Working...
                              X