Apolyton ads make noise now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton ads make noise now?

As if popups weren't bad enough, i've somewhat learned to live with them (despite them being as annoying as all hell)

But there is an ad that makes noise now! Grrrrrrrr that's SO irritating. Where the hell is my adblocker? (goes to seach hard drive for the program he didn't want to have to use again. . . )
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Questions for you to narrow the focus down a little:

What was the ad that you saw when you heard this audio? Did you have any other webpages open at the time or any other program that may have produced an audible sound through your computer's speakers at the same time? Has it only happened the once or..?

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Ok, ok, i'm not using an adblocker. (thanks for not jumping down my throat for saying that, by the way)

It's happened several times, with one particular ad (i don't remember what the ad was for) and i didn't have other web pages open. I'm pretty sure it was the ad making the noise, because it went right along with the animation on the ad. If i see it again, i'll let you know which ad it was.
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

never had that problem. But I am getting popups now. I thought if I changed it just to moo default I would get no popups.

I used to have a problem with popups, but that was because my settings magically changed without me chaning them.

I'll have to check them again.

Comment

try running ad-adware first , and see what happens
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Can't you set opera to block popups?
            (+1)

Comment

if you're in the US you might get less pop-ups if you use the ultra special styles
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I must not be using them then because I'm getting drilled in the ass by pop ups.
                Mother ****ing goddamn ass chewing, **** sucking son of a *****

Comment

Suck a pretty picture you paint. No pop ups with opera or you could install apop-up killer.
                  (+1)

Comment

If it was found that an Apolyton ad was making noise, would that ad be removed?
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      If it was found that an Apolyton ad was making noise, would that ad be removed?
                      We cannot give a definite answer to this because the content/context of such an ad would have to be taken into consideration. If for whatever reason the ad could not be removed, then ultimately one could turn down/off their speakers.

---------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

There is an indefinable line between what is acceptable and what is not. A noisy ad crosses that line.
                        Regardless, thanks for the answer.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Taz, are you suggesting that I take pro-active action and something?

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

There is an indefinable line between what is acceptable and what is not. A noisy ad crosses that line.
                            Regardless, thanks for the answer.
                            Here is an example of what I was refering to earlier: if it is determined that a RealMedia ad on Apolyton is generating audio, we can always put in a request that it be removed if that is the decided course of action but there is no guarantee that it will then be taken out of the ad rotation they are delivering to us. That is RM's call.

--------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

The Apolyton ads are telling me to go out and start killing people.

Comment

Working...
                              X