New CHAT system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was a bug martin, and it's fixed

also fixed is a bug with the colors of messages in the archive as well as a small fix in the navigation links
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      it was a bug martin, and it's fixed

also fixed is a bug with the colors of messages in the archive as well as a small fix in the navigation links
      But only the second bug. Thanks anyway

Some obversations on the first bug: If I enter the chat room with Netscape 4.78 I get an empty page in full screen mode. Then I switch to another chat room and I get the full room , then I switch back I get the chat room I wanted to get first when I clicked on the full screen mode link.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

OK another observation: Afterwards I entered the chat with Netscape 4.78 and enabled cookies. I got first the empty box in full screen mode with the windows back ground color then I switshed to the CTP1/2 chat room, the room appeared as it should be, then I switched back to the Apolyton chat room everything normal. Then again to the CTP1/2 chat room the first the chat room loaded as normal, but then the part of the chat room with the text in changed to the windows background collor with bigger fonts. Afterwrds I went again to the Apolyton chat room Netscape 4.78 crashed. I tried it three times.

-Martin

Comment

martin, could you please remind me what's wrong with mozilla and you're stuck in netscape 4?

Comment

It is true that Mozilla 1.1 feels more like Netscape 4.78, but there is something, dynamic fonts, the size of text fields is outside 'Poly not right, and that is also true for some on 'Poly. The address bar in Netscape 4.78 is longer. If I move the cursor over the stars that shows how a thread is rated then I see I many people rated the thread in Netscape 4.78, but this is missing in Mozzilla. And what's wrong with using two browsers at the same time so I can use there advantages. Finnally you advertized the full screen mode of the chat as Netscape 4.78 compartible, so what's wrong with it if I test it and report some bugs.

-Martin

Comment

change

- last message in forums pages now show smilies and doesnt show commands(pm, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                If I move the cursor over the stars that shows how a thread is rated then I see I many people rated the thread in Netscape 4.78, but this is missing in Mozzilla.
                It's not missing, its just not being used. The correct command is "title" within the image, not "alt." "Alt" is a MSIE command that I guess Netscape uses as well in the early days. If "title" was used then all the browsers would be able to display the scroll over text effect.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                  It's not missing, its just not being used. The correct command is "title" within the image, not "alt." "Alt" is a MSIE command that I guess Netscape uses as well in the early days. If "title" was used then all the browsers would be able to display the scroll over text effect.
                  Yeah Markos you should fix this. And I see now another bug if I use Netscape 4.78. It appeared in the last days: It doesn't load the costum avatars automaticly anymore. And by the way any progress to achieve the promissed Netscape 4.78 compartibility of the chat:

Originally posted by MarkG here
                  Martin,

you can use the chat with netscape 4.7x in the "full screen mode"
                  -Martin
                  Last edited by Martin Gühmann; September 29, 2002, 12:09.

Comment

if you find me a second user with netscape 4, i'll give it more priority...

Comment

additions

- Subject is shown on the title of the window
                      - Subject of main(Apolyton) room is shown in the forum pages and will notify of the next scheduled chat

Comment

MarkG -- I have an interesting flaw re the new Chat function.

When at home, I'm on AOL/Mac. When I go to chat, all I can view is the most recent entry. No (viewable) history accrues -- it just goes offscreen as soon as a new entry is made.

This was also true in the old version chatroom.

This is not a big deal to me, as I use dial-up from home and don't use chat that often anyway. But it's frustrating enough that I would not participate in, say, a Demo Game turnchat under such conditions.

Thought you'd want to know...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

hmmm AOL/Mac = which IE ??

Comment

additions

- moderated mode for rooms
                            - /voice and /unvoice commands for rooms in moderated mode

Comment

Hey, I tested the chat with the w3c Amaya browser under a Lindows 2.0 OS and the chat screen doesn't works properly
                              Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

we need a :imgonnachaseyouwithalargehammer: smiley...

Comment

Working...
                                X