Custom Avitar???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Avitar???

How do I go about putting a custom Avatar in place of the standard choices?

Also, do I need to have it out on a server somewhere or can the image sit on my Hard Drive?

Thanks

Spoot
    Last edited by Spoot; September 25, 2002, 09:03.

1. Wrong forum.
    2. You can have a custom avatar after 500 posts.
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

If you have over 500 posts, go into your control panel and select edit options... then select change avatar.

If you don't have 500, you can only select one of those that are shown on the many available pages.

If you have over 500, go to the bottom of the page and either provide a URL of what you wish to use, or you can hit browse and select a file off of your hard drive.

However, remember there are size limitations, so you may have to play with your image using a program like MS Paint to get the size right before it will be excepted.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Well I have ways to go as I have 10 posts total!

Sure does encourage spamming!

I guess I will get to use a custom o, about 2006 sometime!

Spoot

Comment

the FAQ has all the answers you'll ever need. http://apolyton.net/forums/misc.php?s=&action=faq

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot
            I guess I will get to use a custom o, about 2006 sometime!

Spoot
            Good luck!

Hehe, it took me more than a year and a half...

But now I'm there
            You make my life and times
            A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

technically, it took me about 4 months - but I only started posting in earnest 2 months after I joined, so really it only took 2 months
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I managed to get in my custom avatar before the 1-year rule was revoked. I couldn't change it afterwards, though.

Comment

I got mine in about 3 month's, and there wasn't an ounce of spam in my posts.

Last edited by Tuberski; September 18, 2002, 17:44.
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I had to post On-Topic for the first time in my life to get one.
                    Back then the minimum was 1,000 posts and I had almost 900 then.

Comment

Hmmm... I think it took me 3-4 months to reach 500 posts in the Civ II, III and Poly/Commune forums.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

In case you were wondering:

The avatar image restrictions are it must be smaller than 80x80, and less than 10,000 bytes.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ras, what do you moderate? when did that start?

Comment

T.S. Sorry, but I'm not Ming II or Ming's DL as someone might now believe. And I don't have a banning rod.

I have now been moderating the Stella Polaris forum in the Alternative Civs/Other Games category for the last 27 hours. And that was stated earlier today (EST) here in the Apolyton/Community forum.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Good luck Spoot! Just don't mention spam cause Ming isn't too fond of it.

But, take a look at my avatar! Dr. Doom forever! A ha ha ha ha haaaa!
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X