Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, I'm still awaiting for information from the bigshots about the flags I presented in the original starter posting of this thread.

Hey, bigshots!
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Level
      The Nazis adopted a hebrew (also some Native American tribes) symbol of Death for their flag, the symbol with it's arms going in the opposite direction means life.
      Really? My history teacher told me that the swastika was orignally a variation on the Christian cross.

Unfortunatly, due to the Nazis, it has developed a bad reputation.....who knows, eventually it could be used for its original purpose (in another several 100 years )
      I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I thought it was an old Indian (India) symbol of some kind.
        CSPA

Comment

An example of an offensive flag would be a flag depicting someone being killed or raped.
          Seen the South Park flag?
          But I don't think any such flags exist in real life.
          CSPA

Comment

Actually, the swastika is/was the reversed buddhist symbol for peace.

And Rasbey, Texas used to be independent, so that's not exactly 'provincial'. Ever heard of the Lone Star Republic?

Comment

And the swastika can be seen on Greek amphoras, so it's not the issue that the swastika would cause hate, but the flag of the Reich is causing hate.

BTW, I received a message that admins will look into the issue with flags and The Poly Smiley Band later on.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                BTW, I received a message that admins will look into the issue with flags and The Poly Smiley Band later on.
                Yeah!! Does that mean I get retroactively unbanned?
                A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Rasbelin:

Thank you for your proposed suggestions for new flags to be added to Apolyton's listing. After a careful review of your suggestions, and your references, we have decided not to accept any of your recommendations at this time.

First, the states of the Russian Federation: as you said, they are autonomous which is half-way between independence and full-blown inclusion in Russia -- not country status. Second, the tribes of the Finno-Ugric languages are not recognized nations. As for Somalia, which you cite, it is a country.

This thread, and public discussion on this matter for now, is closed.

----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                  X