Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like M/D/Y better then any other combo... but I also like 24 hour clocks... go figure.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

We had no crisis. Standard around here interpreted YY >= 50 as 1900-something and YY < 50 as 2000 something. Made the whole millenium thing even more of a non-event then it turned out to be in the rest of the world.

oh, don't bother, when it's 2050 you'll get into the party as well
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
        We had no crisis. Standard around here interpreted YY >= 50 as 1900-something and YY < 50 as 2000 something. Made the whole millenium thing even more of a non-event then it turned out to be in the rest of the world.

oh, don't bother, when it's 2050 you'll get into the party as well

The world ends in 2050... Sid and Firaxis said so.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

They said 2020 before
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

But the world is really ending in 2046. Or was it '48? I forget - anywhy that's when 32 bit Era time runs out.
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

To save on digits, DDDYYY format is more effective. The extra year digit gets around any confusion in year.

The computer can easily display the date in a more palatable fashion. The date 256-002 is not as clear as 13-09-02, but computers can understand it easy enough.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

DDD...!,
                That's gross.
                You can't do away with months.

As for YYY,
                I like that.

Does anybody else out there sign checks, etc as
                ../../2, rather than ../../02 ? It seems simple efficiency to me.
                "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                - Pekka

Comment

BC-

Actually- it would be easier for computer to display the dates like so:

10000101010101010101000011010101010101001010101010 101011010101010101011010... etc.

-->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

hi ,

, this is going in an intresting direction , .....

humans shall be gone long before there is going to be a new mill bug , ..... if we continue the way we are going now , .....

have a nice day
                    Attached Files
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

This has been more like off-topic and threadjacking of my original thread and subject, so I ask the mods to close this spam festival now.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                      X