No announcement yet.

Firaxis to do XCOM (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it better when my name is mentioned.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

The first game was awesome, particularly the terror missions at night. The suspense hung in the air like a dense layer of fog as your team creeped through the unknown.

The third one (Apocalypse) was okay but not as good as the first.

Currently there is already a XCOM-lookalike called UFO: Aftermath in the works. For those who don't know UFO: Enemy Unknown is the original name of XCOM.

Anybody who hasn't played the game should definitely download it from an abandonware site.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, I miss night missions.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Those are really well done. The first time you saw a chrysallid charging
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've heard that Novermber 17 is trying to do do Xcom and that therfore fireaxis should stick to Pirates!!!!
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Those are really well done. The first time you saw a chrysallid charging
              Or the first time you fired on a Cyberdisk... and suddenly had 3 less squaddies.

If Firaxis and Nov 17 are both doing an XCom style game, then chances are the quality of both will be greater than if they were the only XCom style around.
              /me thinks back to CtP
              ... well, in theory it should make them produce better quality products.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I didn't understand that and I'm not that drunk...
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  I've heard that Novermber 17 is trying to do do Xcom and that therfore fireaxis should stick to Pirates!!!!
                  I think it is cruel that November 17 keeps coming up.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

I think it is cruel that November 17 keeps coming up.
                    Heya babe, I haven't even mentioned those marbles the Greeks lost to the Britains yet!

Comment

Oh my, oh my... DanS seems to have flipped completely now. If things get worse, he'll need a permanent residence in Mingapulco.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ming has no power here...

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                          Oh my, oh my... DanS seems to have flipped completely now. If things get worse, he'll need a permanent residence in Mingapulco.
                          I have flipped before and could not post on apolyton for a total of 1 day (I think).

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

DanS,

you'll regret your words when you see a nice little Mingapulco announcement sent by Ming.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                            X