My self-made forum is online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My self-made forum is online

I putted an alpha-version of my self-made forum online.
    Since I have stolen some apolyton-forum-features I think Markos is free to steal some from me as well

Pherhaps you guys want to test and toy around with the forum? You're allowed to find loopholes, bugs and even you can take it over by a good hack. (report me how you did it though, and give it back after you did )

In case you're too lazy to register:
    username: Guest
    password: Guest

Markos, can this thread stay in the apolyton section, since it has all to do with website building, and with the apolyton board as well. (pherhaps we can trade ideas and all that)

Oh, my forum has a WYSIWYG editor, and you can create a poll without pressing 'the button' first.

And if you wonder, yes, I created the main part myself. I have used some javascript from others though, but altered them most of the time.

CyberShy
    Last edited by Robert; August 23, 2002, 04:37.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

you expect people to register before seenig your forum?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I just got banned on jvhebron! What a bunch of...

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

it's easy registration.
        name, email, password (email not even nescecary) and than 'save'.

But you're right, I forgot to remove it. I use the forum private with friends. Concider it to be removed in 10 hours.

ts. Markos, you didn't even register.
        Neither did you, notyoueither

c'mon, give it a try! It's a good forum.
        Markos: I'm sure you'll love the way I did the "Create a poll" thingy. (tm )

EDIT: (before people start to cry about replying to much)
        it does track perfectly which messages you read and which messages you didn't read as well.

Comment

Looking through it now.

There should be a link somewhere from the registration area back to the login area (or even have the login on the page after you have registered).
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Its good. Like it..... Not very buggy and I'm sure cyber will iron out the gliches as he gets more feedback. Nice and fast too.
            (+1)

Comment

Oh, and don't display people's email addresses. I currently don't get much spam, and want to keep it that way.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Oh, and don't display people's email addresses. I currently don't get much spam, and want to keep it that way.
                you want me to remove your email address?
                You're not obligated to fill it out.

Comment

I didn't.

Its just probably not a good idea to have other's email addresses availble publicly.

Comment

Actual I don't like non Netscape 4.78 compartible pages. I just hit your link and got a message that the document contained no data. Even Apolyton is not at 100% compartible with Netscape 4.78, in Netscape 4.78 I can't still see the who I am a buddy from link.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Sorry Martin,

but it's really much too much work to make a page compatible with a browser hardly anybody still uses, and which will never be upgrade anymore.

Comment

Feedback time!

1. The BBS doesn't work with Mozilla (version used: 1.1 Beta). Don't try to explaint it by saying nobody uses Mozilla. I assume the same problem goes for Netscape 6/7. Someone could confirm that.

2. Can use fake e-mail addresses. Mine: none@of-your-business-pal.net.

3. After registration you end up in a member list, but the user isn't given any options. So one has to be smart enough to click the "Back" button.

4. Bad translation. Most of the system texts are in Dutch, but you still get the point. Hmmm... Geplaatst door. What could that be?

Conclusion...

A real killer. Very high quality posts!
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

1. sorry about that.
                          2. yeah, I knkow. I don't care.
                          3. ok. I have to fix that.
                          4. yeah, I translated it this morning in a rush before I left for work. sorry again.

btw, I putted some translations in one of my first threads. It says "Welcome on this messageboard" or something like that.

and a killer it is!
                          thanks for goofing around and reporting!

Comment

Can You see the passwords?
                            I was just thinking if they used the same password here you could log on as them and get them baned
                            Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
                            in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
                            3D Unit tutorial
                            My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

OK Cyber I tried your Guest account, so far no success, if I try it with Netscape 6.2 I get this message:

You're not authorized to perform this operation

Same with Micro$oft'$ Int?rn?t Explor?r 5.5.

And in Opera 6.1 I wasn't able to log in with you Guest log in, I could press the button as often as I want but no chance. And don't tell me again no one uses this browser.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X