No announcement yet.

My self-made forum is online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here's my report about this bug with Gecko based browsers.

Based on what I found on Bugzilla, the source code and how my browser responded, my conclusion is that running Lotus Domino can be devilish for us, poor Gecko users.

There has been several bug reports about trouble with authetification on Lotus Domino servers, and those filed have resulted in an empty page after trying to login. Some other reports suggested that there could be other trouble too. One report has been filed on Java applets on Lotus Domino servers causing Mozilla to crash, but the details don't exactly fit in. Anyway, most reports confirm that it works as supposed with MSIE. So the trouble is caused by the Lotus Domino server.

Curently it looks like CyberShy can't do anything at all, except switch server software. Apache would be the most working alternative, IMO.

Reference

Bug reports 84710, 101899, 103147, 138178.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Rasbelin, it has nothing to do with Lotus Domino,
      since I don't use the Domino authorization technique.

I wrote a cookie-based javascript authorization.

The reason why it won't work for netscape is because I have putted too much MSIE stuff into it. I'll download netscape and install it and see what I can do.

ditto with opera.

thanks for reporting.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

ditto with opera.

With Opera 6.04 all I get is a blank page
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
          I wrote a cookie-based javascript authorization.
          Why not take off the cookie-based authorization and let us see how Mozilla works on your site?
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
            Why not take off the cookie-based authorization and let us see how Mozilla works on your site?
            That would be a great idea maybe a ip address based authorization would be much better as I reject to use cookies.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thrawn05 has been registrated
              trickey has been registrated

what error messages do you guys get?
              Thrawn05, you were registrated more than once, pherhaps that's the reason. (I removed the possibility to register more than once now)

I was thinking that the PW was too long, so I was trying different lengths. I'll try now.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I'll download netscape and install it and see what I can do.
                Nooo! Not Netscape! Mozilla it should be!

We'll make pork char sui of you, if you don't choose Mozilla.

Choose from Desktop, iOS, Android, or let us email you a mobile download link.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

Nooo! Not Netscape! Mozilla it should be!

We'll make pork char sui of you, if you don't choose Mozilla.

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/
                  If he chooses Netscape that is fine. But he would be advised to try it on Mozilla or Opera to see if it works without so many IE only commands.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I'll work on more authorization systems,
                    and an option not post using a wysiwyg editor.

people who get a blank page, go here: http://www2.plompweb.net/forum.nsf/login

does that one work?
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

You can login with Mozilla. But after having accessed one thread during the login session, trying to access any of the JavaScript controlled features after that result in no action, and if you press Back and click on a new thread, the command will result in an empty page. Password switching doesn't work for me.

Could you please set my password to "thisismypassword"?

Comment

Suggestions...

- logout links
                        - configurable user profiles (i.e. signatures)
                        - more smilies!

More bugs...

"Show Smileys" doesn't bring up the smiley collection with Mozilla.

And forgot to ask, why has my PC been reduced to 1?

Comment

Works! Will take a look at it when I get a chance tonight.

Comment

Level, of course I can see the passwords. I created the messageboard myself. What do you expect?
                            And no, I would never misuse them. In fact I don't even look at passwords (unless people ask me because they forgot.)
                            Well, you COULD just encrypt them with some one-way algorithm like everyone else does... You know, there is a reason for the existence of md5 .

--

The forum doesn't seem to work with Opera for me... time to try with konqueror. Then galeon. Then dillo. Then lynx. Then links. Then... god I love having a lot of browsers !
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Of course, it's not so much use having a lot of browsers if none of them work... blah... time to wield the True Ultimate Power, netcat! (after all, I don't think w3m, Mozilla, Zen or Arachnid (in Dosemu) would work much better)
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hm. I could get in with Mozilla after registering. Goodo .

Comment

Working...
                                X