More on Sid's next game - Pirates/Masters of Magic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Sid's next game - Pirates/Masters of Magic

Does anyone here like Pirates!? Does anyone here like Masters of Magic?
    That is what Sid said a Gencon. It looks like that is what they will use the NetImmerse engine for. He also said that an official announcement is over a month away. This means we should know by October.

Just because me mentioned Pirates and MoM doesn't mean it won't contain elements of X-COM and Settlers like originally planned.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Hmmm, well only a month to go to find out!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

when did he say that?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

MOM2
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

What was the story behind MoM? Any chance his new game could be some combination of MoM gameplay and Pirates game play? That would seem to me why he would mention both.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            when did he say that?
            Saturday, IIRC.

Originally posted by tniem
            Any chance his new game could be some combination of MoM gameplay and Pirates game play? That would seem to me why he would mention both.
            I think that is the idea. It will be a Pirates/MoM type game possibly based on a X-COM/Settlers hybrid.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I don't like MoM. Too complicated, inelegant. Pirates! is interesting, I don't see how it can be combined with XCOM, or MoM for that matter.

If you meant by adding small scale tactical combat with RPG elements to an empire building game in a fantasy setting, it can go both ways. They can't possibly have the player to resolve all combats on a tactical scale because that will be way too many combats. One stratgic turn will last for several months in real time.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

and where did you read about this?
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Any change it will be civ4?
                  I don't really care about anything else anyway.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

MOM2
                    MOM2
                    MOM2
                    MOM2

I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      and where did you read about this?
                      There's been a news item posted on the front page of CivFanatics about this for a couple of days.

What do you mean you never go there?

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Apoc has got infiltrators in Firaxis HQ, and that clearly shows...
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Only someone who has been in the outback for 10 years would wait for MOM2. A true gamer would only wait for Stella Polaris.

And after this compulsory propaganda...

Civ IV is what I wait for, if there's one to come, as that's not for sure. But there will be one, then there's about 5 more years to go for a new Civ sequel.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

@mom2

Comment

MoM 2
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                              X