This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subbing to thread bug fixed?

I'm just remembering a while back it was pointed out to me that I had to click on "receive updates to this thread" to actually receive updates.

I was curious if I could save my laziness and not do that any more if I checked the proper box for e-mail notification.

This is not only a thread asking a question, but also a test thread for myself... I'm not going to hit the "receive updates to this thread" link at the top of the page, so if somebody wouldn't mind responding we'll see if I get a notification or not.

Also, when on the quick reply there's no option to actually say you want updates to the thread... is it automatically assumed you do or do you manually have to tell it?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

if somebody wouldn't mind responding we'll see if I get a notification or not.

I don't mind so here you go...
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Ooh man, this thread is going to spammed so hard!!!

(and it seems like I started (it) )

well eugh on -topic : do you get 2 replies now?
      That was just in time.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Only if he visits the forum between the two posts.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If you got the option checked in your user options, you are automatically subscribed to every thread you post in.

If you are subscribed to a thread, you'll get a mail for every new post, if you are online. If you're offline, you'll only get one e-mail (namely, of the first new reply).

If you don't have the option checked in your user options you won't get any mails by default. To be notified of new posts in a thread you should either tick the appropriate box when using the regular reply method, or click the "Receive updates to this thread" link at the top of every topic page.

That will subscribe you and works like I said before.

Thus, when using the Quick Reply, notification will work as mentioned in your user options.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Many thanks for the replies guys. No spamming from what I can see, though if anybody else posts it could easily be construed as such.

It worked, however... I had the e-mail notification checked, and I got the message that this thread was responded to.

Again, many thanks... if/when a mod stumbles on this, my question has been answered now so you can lock it, etc.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
            X