This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam?

Well, since I am relatively new on this site I was wondering what excactly constitutes a Spam? I mean I know what spam is when it comes to email, alas I get a lot of them but on the forums!?

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

13:05

For example, this post is spam. Any post's without any idea than annoy ppl are spam.

(+1 )

Comment

So you mean to tell me that a post without a genuine point is a spam? I am thoroughly confused because if that's it then the Off-Topic Forum is quite full of them?
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

So you mean to tell me that a post without a genuine point is a spam? I am thoroughly confused because if that's it then the Off-Topic Forum is quite full of them?

Quite.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

that's why the Off Topic forum doesn't increase your postcount.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Moreover, that's why it's called the Off Topic Forum
            Diderot was right!
            Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
            Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Spam #1:

Spam #2:

Spam #3:

Spam #4:
              This thread
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Quite.
                I agree.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I think I get the idea. Worse some are way more pointless (is there such a thing?) than others like the one aaglo just pointed to!

Comment

Like flies round a ****

Mods are slipping. I found a 100% pure spam thread before deletia/lockdown. Heck it even has "Spam" as an obvious pointer.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

This message is not spam.

"Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Sorry - thread still open.
                        (+1)

Comment

that's why the Off Topic forum doesn't increase your postcount.
                          Anymore....

And it used to be spammier with the Coffee Shop ad infinitum

Posts that serve no purpose are spam.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

For some reason the mods often thinks that worthwhile posts are also Spam.
                            (+1)

Comment

I should also warn you against threads about Macedonia or questuions about hairy Greeks. For some reason they upset Markos.
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X