No announcement yet.

Faces of Apolyton #10: DanQ (Part I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud, answer everything while I'm away, when I come back I'd like to see it, ask you 2 or 3 more questions, and voila. You probably answered everything I want to ask, anyway.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Okay, I'll type up some of the answers (I wrote most on a piece of paper) and reformat the ones already typed up on my computer so that they don't sprawl too much [Nay, I do not wish to annoy Chris 62 ] I got a bit carried away with some of my answers
      [example: 2 questions take up about 2 pages of viewing ]
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Yeah, that's a bit too much, I guess. You can also include something about your real-life, if you don't hesitate to.

Comment

Thanks very much for the insight, Dan and Solver!

The interview was interesting and just about the right length. Indeed there's several typos where Solver or Dan has mixed then and than, but that's not a severe typo mistake. Dan, did you really consult your parents when deciding if you could/should take over the control of that website? That's almost extraordinary... Okay, perhaps not.

P.S. I: I read the whole interview, unlike poor Chris.

P.S. II: Sorry that I didn't read the interview earlier, but I have been so busy (or lazy ) lately.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

So far... a great interview. You did your homework on this one. I learned a lot by reading through it.

I look forward to part two.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am a virtual nube. I got a lot out of the first part.

I hope to get more out of 2.

Maybe there can be a 3rd about Dan, who he is, and how he escaped the hungry maw of the polar bear.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ming, I can't believe you're happy with the interview and appreciating my job .

Comment

EXCELLENT interview

Great questions, brilliant answers!

Like Ming, I learned a lot and for that reason alone this is IMHO probably the best interview to date...

(although Chris does have a bit of a point when saying that it doesn't tell us too much about the person Dan Quick)
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

But... where's the face of Daniel Q?

I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Yep, 3rd part is in order if the 2nd doesn't tell us about who Dan is.
                      But I did get a lot out of this.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Does the 2nd part have the user-submitted questions?
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Enjoyed having more info about the past of Apolyton, especially since it came just at the four year anniversary. But at some point, more about Dan himself would be appreciated. If they continue to be as interesting as the first one, give him three or four just to get the full story.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

If they continue to be as interesting as the first one, give him three or four just to get the full story.

Yes, no-one said they had to be in two or less parts.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thank you for the kind comments to date, everyone.

"Part 2" will be posted tomorrow (Tuesday, July 30th).

----------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Very interesting interview
                                It helps fill in some gaps about the history of Apolyton that does of us who weren't here in the beginning might not know about.

However, when's Dan going to give an interview about who he is in real life?
                                PHOENIXCAGER
                                The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Working...
                                X