• Show
Clear All

• Faces of Apolyton #10: DanQ (Part I)

Faces of Apolyton #10: DanQ (Part I):

Comments welcome.

-------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

i found it to be very interesting because of your long answers (which i find odd as i have a short attention span and don't read long posts here in the forums).

it's also interesting as you've addressed the pre-apolyton days of which i know nothing (i first got online for civ stuff in Oct 98).

1 minor nit, though. i noticed several uses of "then" that should be "than"...

/me waits eagerly for part 2
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Good interview. I'm glad it got slipped into the 10 spot.

But where is the polar bear question?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Comment

Excellent. Lots of interesting info, there.

Comment

Dan, the title of your scen was 'Canadian Glory'. I remember it quite well, I was already around at that tiome. It was.... uhm different

Comment

Made it to page 4 before giving up.

Ever consider writing Russian novels Dan?

I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

at Chris! You obviously didn't read much of those ?
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The interview was like the first page of Dr Zhivago.

Try not to do such opened questions, Solver, keep your subject focused, the thing went all over the place, and included a lot of references that only old timers would grasp, you must strive for clarity.
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Thanks Chris . However, I was pretty much expecting a long interview, and I guess all old timers would get more pleasure.

Comment

Your getting better, but so far we got zip of who Dan is, just a lot of how poly got started.

Comment

And you'll not get much of it, either, I fear. The second part is largely about how Apolyton is now and what Dan thinks of civgames, etc.

Both your interviews, Ming and Jay Bee, focused pretty nicely on the person - I re-read the Ming interview yesterday, so it happened, I really like it.

Comment

Remember the focus when you interview, these are "get to know you" pieces, you want to meet the person, not get a history of the site, that is a different matter.

While a history of poly and how it works is of interest, it's hardly the "face" of someone, keep that in mind.

Also, when you interview, you are supposed to lead the conversation to the path you want, for example, I could have let Ming talk about advertising extensivly (which he knows inside and out from decades in the field), but that would have told you nothing about Ming, the person.

This works also with reserved people, Jay is guarded about what he says to whom, so you have to put the subject at ease, and ask leading questions.

Keep at it, your improving with each effort.

Comment

Thanks... BTW, I will interview Locutus live, when I get around to it.

I'll now be away for about a week, so DarkCloud and others have to wait. DarkCloud is actually making an interview alone, without me .

Comment

I got tired of waiting... I have a few pages written up... but am unsure whether to answer questions which have not yet been asked

-
                              Good interview of dan (now to check harder for spelling errors, etc )

I love the info on the deities of Civ-net games: MikeMcCart (loved his star wars mod and others!), kwang (never knew that about him!) and others!

Good interveiw! Good job, 'The Emperor'! I LOVE long interviews!

(and yes, of course, solver did ask some good questions )
                              Last edited by DarkCloud; July 27, 2002, 14:31.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X