X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is the heavy hand of the Admins/Mods felt now

IS this beggining of the end?

A sign of the appolalypse?

I have noticed so many deleted threads and closed threads. IT is like a new spirit has taken control of our beloved Admins/Mods, one that likes to close and delete threads.

Is it problems with the office, or the home life? Or is Apoylton just not making anough money through the store (Things seem to be pretty desperate on that front)?

PM me, I am willing to talk. Just don't take your stresses out on the poor innocent threads, avatars, and posters.

peace and goodwill,
    Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

It goes in fits and starts.

If the mods keep a log of how many threads have been closed or deleted they can tell you if there is a more or less prevalent 'need' to moderate.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

yah

I would like to either know the cycle, or to find out if it is otherwise related

like when Mark loses his girlfreind, and in grief takes it out on us

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

*checks number of posts* well, i'm still a king so they aren't handing out PCRs left and right

seriously though,
        i'd put it down to the mods being so much busier, i haven't seen MtG sweep down like the avenging angel of God on poor posters in more than a week. i haven't seen him post either. so ming and Mark are having to do all the work. They have too many things to do to watch a thread closely to see if it gets too far out of hand, they just close it and move on to the next . i think they've been doing a great job considering how much work they have to do

Comment

I agree that usually they do a great job

it just seems to be alittle more extreme right now

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Re: Is it just me or is the heavy hand of the Admins/Mods felt now

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            IS this beggining of the end?

A sign of the appolalypse?
            People consider me the expert on this.

Well, for a long time I was an admin at a site very much like Apolyton - SidGames. This gives me a good insite into the workings of a site like this. I also knew Mark and Dan on a semi-professional level. Nothing is wrong. You must realize that people complain when they see things. Admins don't like to get complaints. Those can really waste time and are always unpleasant. The mods and admins at Apolyton have also been much more active in the past. Stop whining. They aren't doing this because they hate you personally.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              it just seems to be alittle more extreme right now
              It all depends on the actions of the posters. If things are quiet, an occasional thread here or there is usually ignored... but when things start getting bad again, action is needed quickly to shut it down.

Lately, it seems like there is a "full moon"

Yeah, it goes in cycles, but cycles determinded by the posters
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Yeah, it goes in cycles, but cycles determinded by the posters
                The introduction of the 'National Flags' feature seems to have sparked a fair amount of trolling. Any issue to do with politics (even something as trivial as a flag next to your username) sparks fierce debate.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                  The introduction of the 'National Flags' feature seems to have sparked a fair amount of trolling. Any issue to do with politics (even something as trivial as a flag next to your username) sparks fierce debate.
                  No worse than usual
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I demand under the Data Protection Act that the Spam Watch List be publicly available!
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Peace on, Will.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Horse got banned over at SDMB for posting the same thread three times in a row.

So it's not bad here
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ming just goes in the OT for 5 minutes every day or so and closes a few threads, deletes a few, yells at a few people and leaves.

It looks like a crackdown but he's just showing Mark he's on the job.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Ming is always on the Job , 24/7 remember he has his Mingbots to help him.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Lately, it seems like there is a "full moon"
                              Contrary to popular belief lunacy does not increase during a full moon.

(It increases when mods go on holiday/vacation)
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X