Why no MIDI attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    what's stoping you from ziping the file?
    MIDIs are small. It feels silly to zip them.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yeah, 10-minute full orchestra MIDI piece is something like 250 K.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        Currently we can attach wav files (which is what we were doing in the "What does your voice sound like" thread), but putting them in as mp3 would have saved so much server space, and reduced our downloading.
        If that's all there is to it.... Save it as an mp3 file and change the extension to .wav. AFAIK that works just fine.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

If that's all there is to it.... Save it as an mp3 file and change the extension to .wav. AFAIK that works just fine.
          That's pure genius. Winamp will still decode it with mp3 codecs. Brilliant Mercator. And all the while the solution was that plain simple.
          Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
          Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
          "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Yeah, that could work.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X