CivFanatics' Forums not viewable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivFanatics' Forums not viewable

I tried to veiw a Forum in CivFanatics.Com at 2:30pm EDT , only to realize that a message that does not normaly happens comes up. Here is the Message it said.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Civilization Fanatics' Forums database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience. -CivFanatic's Forum
    Anyone Who visits Civfanatc's Forums or Members of that forum. Do you see this message when you try to access a Forum ? I have already E-mailed there Tech Staff about it.

P.S. I dont know what subject to post this thread belongs in. I just felt that the Civ3-General is the more approprieate place to post.
    Last edited by CivGeneral; July 11, 2002, 18:34.
    "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Testing CivFanatics' Forum

I just viseted ther forums just a few seconds ago. I can Post new forums but cannot view the actual forums . I have not submitted any. I just hope the Moderators have notice a proplem too .
    "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Uh - Houston, they have a problem there! Glad I'm here and not there!

Comment

I can view the forums, but not any threads. A problem with the database, indeed...

Several people have posted in the last hour, tho, judging from the times listed in the forum page. There was at least a 6 hour gap between those and the previous posts.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

Uh - Houston, they have a problem there! Glad I'm here and not there! - miccofl
          Thank Goodness that Apolyton's Forums are in top condition. I guess (Some Where in the Forums) it mentoned that the same thing happened in the past.

Comment

They'll fix it soon enough. I got that error earlier as well.

Comment

This has happened every single day this week at CivFanatics. I usually try to get on in the mornings. (I have the time then). Every day this week I've gotten that SQL error message. Looks like this will be my new home.
              I like the forum there, but if it's down all the time, whats the point.
              "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Comment

This has happened every single day this week at CivFanatics. I usually try to get on in the mornings. (I have the time then). Every day this week I've gotten that SQL error message. Looks like this will be my new home.
                I like the forum there, but if it's down all the time, whats the point. -Matt_G
                Strangly it does not happen to me. Although there was a couple of SQL errors from time to time and then returned to normal (Possibly Bandwith problems)Mostly the error has more information than the one I posted above such as connections, etc. But this error mesage just had the message posted above. No more, no less. Just strange .

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_G
                  I like the forum there, but if it's down all the time, whats the point.
                  Hey, you're talking about computers here, and the Internet. Things tend to go wrong from time to time, so there's no point in getting frustrated about it. Apolyton had it's share of problems awhile back as well. They'll get it fixed eventually.

Comment

News Flash. CivFanatics Update

Forum Downtime posted by thunderfall at 5:25pm (CDT i am assuming -civfan01)

Our forum server is having some problems and is not accessible (probably since 12 PM EST). We'll try to get it fixed asap. Please be patient.
                    Hey, you're talking about computers here, and the Internet. Things tend to go wrong from time to time, so there's no point in getting frustrated about it. Apolyton had it's share of problems awhile back as well. They'll get it fixed eventually. - Willem
                    And possibly others have been lucky and advoided the problem(Since they have eather a job, life, school, etc.)

Comment

CivFanatics has been slow and cranky for the last few weeks now
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I've been there yesterday, it was pretty slow, and then kept getting this error all the time... nah, a shame.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Those poo-brains. If I've understood correctly, the problem is not with TF
                          (Thunderfall), it's with Tf (Telefragged), the server host.

Comment

And at the moment, I just can't connect to the site. Our uptime is better than theirs .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Apolyton was going through the same sorts of problems before we moved to our new (dedicated) server. Definately sucks when you can't get access to the server, but at least Apolyton has got these issues sorted.

It explains why we are being invaded by Civ Fanatics though.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X