This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you say inapt analogy?

Please, try to learn how to debate before you blunder into it. Or, just go ahead and flounder. It is somewhat entertaining.
    I'm not exactly sure what you think you're talking about, so I'll just ignore you and go on with my life.

0/10, dude.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
      chris, we also have a "help us save the kittens" banner on which you havent commented
      so we cover both "markets"
      Hardly, one is a threat, the other says help prevent the threat.

It's never smart to alienate potential customers, humor or not withstanding.

Ask Ming about this, even if people find it cute or funny, you create a preception in people's minds about a callousness towards animals, and you will create a sub-concious aversion to poly products in some people.

In the retail world, NEVER insult ANY potenial buying group, that's simply good buisness.

You will notice the youngsters are laughing at the ads, but none have said they will BUY anything because of them.

Think about it.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

• who said our intent was to make people buy stuff?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• I'm not exactly sure what . . . you're talking about
          Obviously.

Your analogy is NOT apt. As in; wrong, misplaced, poorly thought out, in error

Do you want me to speak a little slower?

Now I recall why I confine my activity on this site to the Scenario League. The population of the OT is characterized principally by poltroons.
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Hardly, one is a threat, the other says help prevent the threat.

It's never smart to alienate potential customers, humor or not withstanding.
            -If anyone is alienated by that banner, would we really want them wearing Apolyton stuff?
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor Galis
              -If anyone is alienated by that banner, would we really want them wearing Apolyton stuff?
              correct, it would be bad advertisment

Comment

• Enough.

This is my thread. I hereby request that it be closed. Markos, sorry it turned into such a brainless spam-fest.

Lost in America.
                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• closed on the request of the starter

Comment

Working...
                  X