I Missed A Quote, Help Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Missed A Quote, Help Me Out

i saw an interesting quote but i missed the "pause" button and i didnt finish it...

it said something like "space will be colonised[brits :P], but perhaps not by us americans... ... lose nerve..." thats all i got...

anyone know the full quote, perhaps even the guy who sumbitted it?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Click on "Back" after you missed it

Comment

treid that. "page expired". bah @ php.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

i found it after rifling through the quotes wanted thread.

"Space will be colonised - although possibly not by us [Americans]. If we lose our nerve, there are plenty of other people on this planet. The construction crews may speak Chinese or Russian - Swahili or Portuguese. It does not take "good old American know-how" to build a city in space. The Laws of Physics work just as well for others as they do for us."
        -- Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          treid that. "page expired". bah @ php.
          Really?
          It always seems to work for me

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            "Space will be colonised - although possibly not by us [Americans]. If we lose our nerve, there are plenty of other people on this planet. The construction crews may speak Chinese or Russian - Swahili or Portuguese. It does not take "good old American know-how" to build a city in space. The Laws of Physics work just as well for others as they do for us."
            -- Robert A. Heinlein
            SACRILEGE!!!!

How dumb can this guy be.

USA! USA! USA!
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
              SACRILEGE!!!!

USA! USA! USA!
              You misunderstood what he was saying. All he was really trying to do was get us to build that space city sooner so that he could see it before his death under the threat that somone (snicker) else could build it.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

SACRILEGE!!!!

USA! USA! USA!
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I think he should have been pushing for them to build those body-armour jump suits...
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

<i>treid that. "page expired". bah @ php.</i>

That doesn't happen in <a href="http://www.opera.com">Opera</a>.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

A lot other things don't happen in Opera either.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                      X