Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civ-esque?

M = movement then?
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Yes. A = Attack D = Defense HP = Hit Points
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Hmmm... the stats are equally valid for Shining Force
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm still confused on this. Oh well .
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Explanations

Don't whine, guys, a few explanations here. Now if I only I remember it all correctly

A(ttack) depends on how many posts you have. The function for it is logarithmic, which means the more A points you currently have, the more posts it will take to earn a new one.

D(efense) depends on how far is your average posts per day from the 5 posts per day. For instance, I have over 5 posts per a day average, hence I have the maximal possible D of 99.

M(ovement) depends on how much you post relative to your date registered - so, if you're registered since 1999 and only have half a thousand posts, this will be pretty low.

H(it) P(oints) - shows how much is remaining till the next A point. Once this gets to 100, your A increases by 1, and HP is dropped back to 0 (or is it 1?).

Hope this helps.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thanks, Solver.
              A, D and HP are clear to me, now. M is sort of clear, but I'd like to see the algorithm to calculate it. You don't happen to know that one?
              Cheers, Lucilla

Comment

Alas, I can not tell the algorithms, as I just don't just happen to know them.

Of course, another example of it could be a person registered in 2002, having lots of posts by now, this would be a big M.

You're already a Prince level poster, though only recently registered, hence you have a whopping 49 movement.

I'm an Emperor level poster, with ~3600 posts, registered in Sept. 2000, hence my M is only 19, but my attack of 45 exceeds yours of 16, since I have more posts overall.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks again, Solver.

Comment

Hmm... well this certainly hurts the OT posters My posts per day have been steadily decreasing since the OT posts stopped counting Now, it's making me feel defenseless.
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Also, how are D and M difference, since they seem to be based on the same two sorts of thing: how long you've been here, and how many posts you have.
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Oh Victor, it's a really long time now since OT posters don't count...

D and M do have some difference. You can be here for a long time, and post exactly 5 posts per day - will give you a defense of 99 (based on the average post count), and not a high Movement (based on total post count).

Comment

I know it's been a long time... which means I would have been emperor a long time ago if not for this restriction. This post stats thing now only reinforces our status as second class citizens
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Second class citizens? There was a great thread by GP about this in this forum, if you recall...

Comment

I don't read this forum.
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

A typical second class citizen reply .

But seriously, the thread does have quite some interesting points, also by the site owners. I suggest you find and read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X