I'm going to powerspam and level up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamrat X
    What do you mean? They´re gone, aren´t they?
    Check your profile...

Comment

These stats are useless and pointless, I think this is exactly why I find them funny and thus pretty good.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

HA! I have more than twice the HP of Ming!
        Now I just gotta boost up those other stats a bit...
        A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Colon

They're hidden as well as the post-counts is. And I'm sure Markos will allow us to view the members' top 20 of the highest level and most hitpoints very soon.
          I´m sure he will...

Oh, thanks for a great quote for the quote thread

Kamrat X: Really Colon... The stats are a tad too nerdy even for Poly.

Trip: We're only as nerdy as the admins make us.

Colon: People have polymeetings all the time, there's a polyradio, there's even a store selling poly mugs and t-shirts, and you're saying this is too nerdy?
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

And I'm sure Markos will allow us to view the members' top 20 of the highest level and most hitpoints very soon
            i'm sure as hell he wont
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I know you won't, I'm just kidding there Markos.

Kamrat X, glad to be of assistance.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                And I'm sure Markos will allow us to view the members' top 20 of the highest level and most hitpoints very soon
                i'm sure as hell he wont
                I´m sure you know him best after all...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I´m sure you know him best after all...
                  knowing yourself is the best thing that can happen to you

/me is still trying

Comment

Mark, please reconsider these stats.

1. The site is visibly slowed down now.

2. The Hit points and levels are silly.

3. Now that they are in profile, people will rarely see them or even worry about them...thus they are not worth slowing the site down for...

If you really need these stats for your own interest, just run periodic inquiries (i.e. get reports from) the database. But don't bother slowing the site down with all these extra queries for each poster every time they post.

Comment

the slow down is unrelated to the stats

Comment

I haven't noticed much of a slowdown actually.

GP, I'm against postcount tout court, but I know it won't go away, so I guess you could just as well offer some variation.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I think they're interesting, but slightly out of place for a Civ site, considering no Civ game uses these type of stats yet.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                            the slow down is unrelated to the stats
                            1. If that is really true, than I have no objection. (since I don't have to see the dorky numbers any more...) I just need some more info before I beleive you. I remember too well the discussions about the server and tracerts and all that stuff where Asher was right and Dan was wrong.

2. What is the prognosis for fixing the slowdown?

Comment

I think they're interesting, but slightly out of place for a Civ site, considering no Civ game uses these type of stats yet.
                              Attack, defense, movement and hit points? Seems basic stuff since civ2.

Comment

1. I am also noticing more problems with losing my posts. (I type a long post and I lose it cause it doesn't go to the thread.) I wonder if this is related to the stats or to the "x-factor" which is causing the slowdown.

2. Mark in the MOO forums, you said we where ready to ahndle loads like we had with the Civ3 release. I wonder if this is really true. Given the slowdowns we are seeing, now. I'm concerned about how we will handle the PtW crowds.

Comment

Working...
                                X