I'm going to powerspam and level up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to powerspam and level up!

I think these stats are the most idiotic forum feature ever.

Not only is it ugly, but - even more then the titles - it encourages high post counts, as if posting alot actually means anything. I mean, why the hell would you want to put in a feature that turns posting into some sort of idiotic competition to see who can get the phattest stats?
    Best thing I've ever seen!
    15.56%
    They are OK.
    33.33%
    I'm unable to form my own opinions have to choose a Banana option.
    11.11%
    I don't like them very much.
    11.11%
    Horrible! Evil!
    28.89%
    Last edited by General Ludd; June 11, 2002, 10:06.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

I'm going to powerspam and level up!
    Anybody that does that will find out that it will work just the opposite... Can you say "PCR"
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It's also about "who's got the poorest stats"... I've seen posters with no-stats-at-all... (posted only in ot). Now THAT'S an accomplishment...

[edit]: Not that this new feature is 'I'msuperiortoyou'-fun... more like 'cute'-fun.
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

This is just silly.

It isn't a good fit for a CIV site.

RAH
          Just one man's (or should I say high level magic user's) opinion.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Can we fight against each other and conquer each other's points/gain experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
              Can we fight against each other and conquer each other's points/gain experience?

With my stats... all I can say is...

Come and try it
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

*fights Ming*
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  With my stats... all I can say is...

Come and try it
                  I'm tempted since you have more to lose than I have

Comment

I love postcounts, and this is just a more creative type of postcounts. Though I do think an A.D.M (P.R.O) plus health bar style stats would be more suitable.
                    And even though post-counts do create spam, I see that for me, it's just another motivation boost for sounding my opinions. Sometimes I'm too lazy to post, even when I've got something to say, but when there's a postcount, I often post anyways. Competition is good, despite the cheaters.

Comment

How many level 48 posters would it take to gang up and wipe out a level 75?

I'm going to start recruiting.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

This isn't Everquest so level differences shouldn't be too hard to overcome. Ming could be taken down if there is enough people doing it. What is interesting though, is that Ming is level 75 and so is the strongest thing is Everquest.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I wonder what brought this on?
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

He's strong but stupid, we can defeat him with some cunning trickery. Like maybe digging a big pit and putting some beer in the bottom of it.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Or by being Immortal

Comment

Working...
                              X