What took so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panang? Why? I would rather...

Actually, I'm not going to get into a "who do you want to see banned" discussion. Instead, let us all hope that Coracle has learned his lesson... and if not, let us hope that he is suitably annoyed to never come back.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Three cheers for the... well... good news
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Now can we do something about panag?
        Hell yes!!

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
          Actually, I'm not going to get into a "who do you want to see banned" discussion.
          Yes... let's not turn this into a "who do you want to see banned" discussion... that is, unless somebody wants to be restricted for doing just that
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Actually, I'm not going to get into a "who do you want to see banned" discussion.

You don't need to. Just use the ignore feature if its a personal dislike.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

What does the ignore feature do?

SG[1] - thinking about Eyes
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

This thread appears to be close to the "personnal attack thread" catagory.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

This quote by DeepO is typical of the abuse that those of us who campaign to have changes made in game have to tolerate.

Coracle, you're sure you and jimmytrick are not two online personalities of the same socially impaired basement-kid?
                  It is clear that we have a double standard going on. I don't really mind it so much because it exposes the owners/moderators as shills for the game and Firaxis.

I personally don't think anyone should be banned for mild insults, spam that disrupts the site is another thing. Intellectually, I have no respect for posters who label as spam viewpoints that they do not like, claim threadjacking whenver someone offers a dissenting opinion, or pms the mods in an effort to get someone banned.

Comment

jimmy, apparently you made the above comment before seeing deepo's apology

meanwhile, coracle still argues that he has done nothing wrong, that he has been mistreated by the system...
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                      spam that disrupts the site is another thing
                      Actually, Coracle himself liked to bring up culture flipping and razing in nearly every topic he posted in, whether the topic had anything to do with those issues or not. I consider that spam that disrupts the site and the topics in it.
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Well, I consider signatures to be spam. I also consider a lot of the stuff in them to be insulting. But I don't think they disrupt the site.

Cyclo, your sig indicates to me that your approach to people who have criticisms is simply to be rude. It doesn't reflect any better on you that Coracle's rants reflected on him, IMHO.

At the end of the day, we would all be better off leaving out the personal stuff and we would definitely be better off without the heavy hand of censorship.

I am looking forward to seeing Coracle come back. We need some balance around here.

Comment

I gotta kinna agree with JT onthis one. Campaigns to get folks banned I find repugnant. In the same vain as the little kid going and telling teacher that Jimmy pushed Mary on playground.

Banning is inthe hands of the mods., parties offended have the right to ask the mods to intercede. OTOH, it is not appropriate behavior IMHO to make the boards a cliquish arrangement where in this faction fights that faction.

I've seen Coarcle in action. He rails against CIV3 b/c he thinks he's doing a service to the world of TBS. If you don't agree ignore it and move on.

Same with JT and for 90% of his stuff he tries to pose the arguements to have meaningful diaolgue. Clever trolls perhaps but stimulating nonetheless.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I like jt's stuff. I also liked teasing the combat whiners..

Comment

Signatures are spam? Well, I suppose that's one way to look at it... btw, since it bothers you, I took the offending phrase off of my sig. However, I think your reaction to it is distrurbingly disproportionate to the actual implication of that harmless phrase. Coracle can put "**** Soren" on his sig for all I care, because I make it a point to judge sigs with humor and lightness, not with the tremendous gravity that you seem to attach to them.

I think that nothing done here has been "censorship." In fact, the actual intent of Coracle's posts were to point out what he considers a flaw in the game. He could have made that point perfectly well without personal insults, and he most likely knew that.

In addition, I would like to add that I never asked for Coracle to be banned, and IIRC never reported one of his posts. I did report one of yours though, jt... but you were trying to get yourself banned on that occasion. I think you should drop the conspiracy theories of the forum working together to get rid of Coracle, because that's ridiculous. The decision that Mark made was made without me, and Mark is under no obligation of any sort to listen to people pleading for his banning. There is no "cliquish arrangement" between "factions," it's just your resentment of the fact that somebody who you agreed with got canned. So don't blame people like me, because the only person responsible for Coracle's banning is Coracle.

Comment

That's correct, like I said before I find his comments amusing. He just needs to come up with some new one.

jt when somebody is discussing something with you, you respond. Coracle doesn't EVER respond to somebodies reply to his posts.

How is that discussion?
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X