What took so long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heavy hand of censorship
    said the man who tried to get banned and failed!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

yeah, but you closed like 234 of my threads inna row man...

Comment

Cyclotron, taking that off your sig was a class move. Good show!

Glad to have played a part in your rehabilitation.

Comment

Guys, the only thing you achieve by repeatedly raising the same point over and over again for months on end (let alone insulting us or the game over and over again for months on end) is earning a spot on our ignore list. I haven't seen a point raised by jimmytrick or coracle that wasn't raised in a much more reasonable fashion by someone else. Thinking you can force Firaxis into implementing a feature through your unpleasantness on some forum is ridiculous. I've said it before but I'll repeat it here. The only real power you have as consumers is to either buy or not buy the game. A 'dear john' mumble here just can't compete with the ‘love letter’ you wrote to us in our royalty checks.

Jeff

Comment

'dear john' mumble
            i think i was daydreaming of civ1 when the english teacher tought us the meaning of this phrase

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
              Cyclotron, taking that off your sig was a class move. Good show!

Glad to have played a part in your rehabilitation.
              What did he have in his sig?
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Basically, Mark, Jeff just told me to go **** myself, while gloating because he made some money off Sid's name and Brian Reynold's past design sucesses.

Jeff, buddy, the worm turns. Invest wisely against a rainy day. Coracle and I are but dark clouds on your horizon.

jt

Comment

A 'dear john' mumble here just can't compete with the ‘love letter’ you wrote to us in our royalty checks.
                  And if we did not write a royalty cheque, our 'dear john mumbles' therefore mean nothing, and any suggestion is discarded?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey Morris FIRAXIS
                    I've said it before but I'll repeat it here. The only real power you have as consumers is to either buy or not buy the game. A 'dear john' mumble here just can't compete with the ‘love letter’ you wrote to us in our royalty checks.

Jeff
                    After actually defending your game for quite a while, I will now stop.

Either buy or not buy the game? Well, buying the game isn't a love letter. It's a commitment to your company. I paid for the right to play your game and to be criticize it.

I will NOT buy another, simply because of this attitude you have just displayed.

You won't get any "love letters" from me or a lot of other people, because of this game.

As the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I won't be fooled again.

Comment

Firaxis PR ace Jeff Morris strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

After actually defending your game for quite a while, I will now stop.

Either buy or not buy the game? Well, buying the game isn't a love letter. It's a commitment to your company. I paid for the right to play your game and to be criticize it.

I will NOT buy another, simply because of this attitude you have just displayed.

You won't get any "love letters" from me or a lot of other people, because of this game.

As the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I won't be fooled again.
                        I mentioned this to you in the chat but I'll repeat it here. What I mean is that if you're unhappy with something, and you want to effect change, you should choose the most potent method for achieve that. Posting on a forum is a significantly less impactful method of going about it than some other mechanisms. We value all our customers since it is their money that pays our salaries. I'm just saying vote with your wallet, unless your goal is catharsis.

Jeff

Comment

Cheezus, you guys really take offense easily, right? All Jeff said is that appreciation in $ is more valuable than any amount of BS here. Anybody doubted that? Really?

But on the other hand, Jeff, that's no way to treat paying customers. Many of us bought Civ3 first day on the faith we had in Firaxis and on the strength of your previous offerings. While I don't particularly consider Civ3 to be the greatest failure since BC3K I don't play the game anymore, and you've washed yourself clean off my "buy on sight" list.

And telling us you don't give a damn what we think once you've pocketed our money sure doesn't lower the threshold your next product will have to overcome in order to attract that $ in my pocket.

Ultimately, while you certainly are entitled to ignore the ones who insult you and rant endlessly about things you know already, you should probably consider that part of the blame lies with you - it's not like you've ever posted a list of issues you're aware of, so it's no wonder people bring up the same things over and over again.

Now let's see if PTW turns out to be the game I hoped Civ3 would be. If not, then rest assured I will not be showing the my glowing $ appreciation anytime soon.

And neither, I suspect, will a lot of your other fans.
                          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
                            Cheezus, you guys really take offense easily, right? All Jeff said is that appreciation in $ is more valuable than any amount of BS here. Anybody doubted that? Really?

But on the other hand, Jeff, that's no way to treat paying customers. Many of us bought Civ3 first day on the faith we had in Firaxis and on the strength of your previous offerings. While I don't particularly consider Civ3 to be the greatest failure since BC3K I don't play the game anymore, and you've washed yourself clean off my "buy on sight" list.

And telling us you don't give a damn what we think once you've pocketed our money sure doesn't lower the threshold your next product will have to overcome in order to attract that $ in my pocket.

Ultimately, while you certainly are entitled to ignore the ones who insult you and rant endlessly about things you know already, you should probably consider that part of the blame lies with you - it's not like you've ever posted a list of issues you're aware of, so it's no wonder people bring up the same things over and over again.

Now let's see if PTW turns out to be the game I hoped Civ3 would be. If not, then rest assured I will not be showing the my glowing $ appreciation anytime soon.

And neither, I suspect, will a lot of your other fans.
                            Again, that's not what I intended at all. Just that if you wish to express displeasure, giving us money is a roundabout way of doing it.

Jeff

Comment

jeff morris translated: if you didnt like civ3, dont buy ptw. repitive complaining about things that have been better said(and justified) in the past wont do a thing

Comment

Hey jt you have been requested in the chat room by the PR ace!

Comment

Working...
                                X