Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do non-English speakers come to Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like branching threads....
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
      You mean branching threads are losing out to UBB/VBB types of BBS?
      Nope, I was talking 'bout usenet, which has little to do with the web in the first place. Usenet thread don't really branch either, although they sure drift as much as they do on web boards.

Does it vary by nationality? For instance, do Germans tend to stick to their forums (like the one of Infograme Germany) while Finns go to the English boards?
      Who's to know, really? Sound's like you have got yourself an interesting little academic excercise in Liberal Arts, or something, if you can sell it that as "research" to someone. I'd sure be interested in the findings, should you ever go down that road.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        The French BOUGHT Firaxis, therefore we've got to invite THEM to come to OUR forum.
        ah, thank you for the translation

And Giovanni- it is both a Greek and a Canadian forum.
        Therefore- everyone on it must speak either Greek, Canadian or (In the Spanish Forums- Spanish) Or in the OT, Finnish.

French, Dutch [AKA Belgish to many uneducated personages ], and Romainan are outlawed, Along with English, American and Mexican tongues.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud

ah, thank you for the translation

And Giovanni- it is both a Greek and a Canadian forum.
          Therefore- everyone on it must speak either Greek, Canadian or (In the Spanish Forums- Spanish) Or in the OT, Finnish.

French, Dutch [AKA Belgish to many uneducated personages ], and Romainan are outlawed, Along with English, American and Mexican tongues.
          No
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Which Scouse Git was that?
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
              it is both a Greek and a Canadian forum.
              No problem aboot that!
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                Plus, all those Euro forums are Israel haters.

Like your avatar, Siro

I can deal with Israel haters, thank you.

My avatar is a direct cheecky response to the one Marcus put up.

He is denying my right to freedom and self definition, by putting an X over my flag.

So I'm putting an X over his self definition - his nickname.

Comment

Does that mean I can put an X over Eli's name?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Does that mean I can put an X over Eli's name?
                    Only if I get to strike through your name, Imran.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

English is my first language, but I've been living in Australia for so long I'm not sure if I count as a speaker any more.

Juga, aku tidak tahu di mana letaknya forum bahasa Indonesia. Setidak-tidaknya harus ada satu. Mungkin juga tidak seenak Apolyton!
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Indonesian?
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

On the nose! Roughly translated, it says something like:

"Also, I don't know where the Indonesian message boards are located. There must be at least one. It may not be as nice as Apolyton!"

Comment

Gezuidheit! (Dang. I bet I spelled that wrong, too.)
                            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                              On the nose! Roughly translated, it says something like:

"Also, I don't know where the Indonesian message boards are located. There must be at least one. It may not be as nice as Apolyton!"

I think the "Indonesia" part of your original message gave it away...

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I think the "Indonesia" part of your original message gave it away...

Yeah. There's not really any other way to express "the Indonesian language" in Indonesian, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X