No announcement yet.

Why can't we attach mp3 files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its anything like the Australian Senate, its a "one-off" delay.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sorta off topic, but reminds me of (re: command defrag):

if (x>y) && (y>x) dostuff

As for the original topic, we should be able to attach MP3 files, because they're anyway zipped very poorly, with minimal percent, so there's no reason to force zipping of those.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Oh, I know what ethelred is going through.

I once opened a directory with some 1500 files.

Then I selected all of them, with the intention to copy them someplace else.

Then I pressed "Enter".

That was one wasted afternoon

No, but I rebooted after a while.

Comment

Recursive algorithms in style...

And I wrote whole TP programms with recursive algorithms, you beginners

Comment

That's parliamentarism, not a parliamentary system. As far as I'm aware.

The choice of one or two houses is really irrelevant to whether Parliamentarism applies or not. Sweden had two houses up until the seventies...
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Hm, couldn't they do that indefinitely? That would be an interesting power.
              The House of Lords (UK) attempted that in ~1905. They had delayed a government bill for about two years due to self-interest (something about land/money/rights and the such). So the King was asked by the PM to install a few hundred new Liberal Lords to get the required majority and pass all the bills they wanted.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I think I could have gotten away with my stunt if I hadn't put the batch file in the root directory. Somewhere outside the Path and the Windows defrag command would have been executed instead of the batch file. I put it there so I could navigate to it easily from the command prompt in safe mode. The idea was to defrag with as little stuff running as possible so there would be less of the disk nailed down.

I just changed the file name. It works right now.

It would be nice to post MP3 files for one thing any copyrighted stuff tends to be to large to post anyway. I was going to post something that was allready on my disk but I could't find anything that was public domain and small enough to post. So I had to record myself for that MP3 formated .WAV.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                  Hm, couldn't they do that indefinitely? That would be an interesting power.
                  Can only do it once on any particular bill.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Kat,

Too bad

BC,

Thought somebody might have tried that
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ethelred, one thing you could do (and would be a good idea) is to explicitly call "defrag.exe" rather than just plain "defrag" inside the batch file. That way, even if you call it or any other .bat file defrag, it will not call the wrong file during execution.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                      X