Why can't we attach mp3 files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grrr
    Sometimes quality is important. FI: in a help me with graphics situation a bmp may be prefreble.
    You could zip it....
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

But what happens if you are giving someone a graphical demonstration on how to unzip files, for instance?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        But what happens if you are giving someone a graphical demonstration on how to unzip files, for instance?

Now you're just being contrary SB (as if I only just noticed)

If filetypes other than .zip are to be permitted I see no problem with mp3...

Vaguely on topic - can .ra and/or .rm files be played without that d*mn spyware monstrosity RealPlayer?

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

No-one has responded to -Jrabbit.... I'm with you there, trusty Historian. At least, if we're crzy, we're BOTH crazy.

Can anyone tell us why in the "When we learn Democracy" thread in the Democratic Civ2 game forum it plays some weird patriotic sounding midi?

Go on, try it. I am NOT crazy.

When We Learn Democracy
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            Can anyone tell us why in the "When we learn Democracy" thread in the Democratic Civ2 game forum it plays some weird patriotic sounding midi?
            cause El Awrence put it in his post
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mark - when I followed the 'Democracy' link in the post above -
              1- I got the redirect screen
              2- I was not logged in when I finally got to the forum

This can't be what you intended - can it?
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

it's because the link was using the ip address
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Wow... I didn't know that would have that effect. Spooky...
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You've edited the sound out, haven't you Markos?
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

You can rename the MP3 to wav. Windows Media player handles it fine but Music Match Jukebox and Real Audio don't know what to do with it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

<i>Sometimes quality is important. FI: in a help me with graphics situation a bmp may be prefreble.</i>

No! <b>No!</b> NO! <b>NO!</b> NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Use PNG, the open source alternative. BMPs are an evil Windows format that should never have been introduced!

P.S. Bill Gates must die, but Senator Hollings needs to die even more.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                          <i>Sometimes quality is important. FI: in a help me with graphics situation a bmp may be prefreble.</i>

No! <b>No!</b> NO! <b>NO!</b> NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Use PNG, the open source alternative. BMPs are an evil Windows format that should never have been introduced!

P.S. Bill Gates must die, but Senator Hollings needs to die even more.
                          For those of us NOT Canadian, who is Senator Hollings?

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

No bitmap format? TIFF then
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Are we talking about attachments on 'Poly here?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

For those of us NOT Canadian, who is Senator Hollings?

Whats Canadian have to do with it? They have a Parliment not a Senate.

He is the Senator from South Carolina. The one that is in the pocket of the RIAA.

Get in-depth coverage of current and future trends in technology, and how they are shaping business, entertainment, communications, science, politics, and culture at Wired.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X