This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the civ1 forum are civfanatics:

Look it over to help judge if one here would be good.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'd really like to see a Classic Civgames forum (Col + Civ1) but I've never had any luck convincing Markos and Dan about it's need.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        I'd really like to see a Classic Civgames forum (Col + Civ1) but I've never had any luck convincing Markos and Dan about it's need.

Thats a good idea. I wish I could find my copy of colonization...

Comment

Same here, I love that game but never played long enough to become independant. Now I can't find the CD and its no longer on my computer
          A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

I'd go for a Col forum, also. What could we do to convince the powers that be?
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I am willing to sacrafice a sheep or a young, succulent blond virgin.
              "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

I bet Markos must just be stormed by this to give him no other option .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I was actually quite surprised to see how much activity was ongoing at CivFanatics. I will always maintain that pound for pound Civ I was the best game of all time. Ten times better than Civ II, 100 times that of Civ III. But I have nothing to add to Civ I forums, of course I don't really have much to add to Civ III or II at this time. So I guess there may be some discussion but probably not enough to necessarily justify it.
                  About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher
                    I am willing to sacrafice a sheep or a young, succulent blond virgin.
                    You can have the sheep, I'll take that virgin.
                    A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Comment

cheeky bugger
                        "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Now a Strategy forum for Colonisation is definetly something I would like to have access to before I die.
                          So please, administrators, do this last favor to this poor man in his last days of life!
                          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                            Considering that modern computers can't even run Civ 1 properly, I don't think that there's much to discuss...
                            Winciv runs fine on most post win95 PC's.

I still play around with civ1 from time to time but I rather doubt that I could find anything new to say about it.
                            As previously mentioned there are probably more threads about wanting a forum than would ever appear in such a forum.

Combining civ1 and colonization though? That might be worthwhile. Call it an abandoned games forum or somesuch and use it for all abandonware-type games.

[Although based on such forums on other sites it might not be long before threads began looking for links to dl sites for "abandoned" games like Civ3, Moo3 and Neverwinter Nights... ]
                            Last edited by ravagon; April 27, 2002, 23:13.

Comment

Disagree... I certainly have some thoughts to share on it .

Comment

My biggest strategy for colonization was to use the cheat menu to put pioneers in all sea squares, and then build roads throughout the ocean.
                                Made travel mighty fast

I never really got into the game though, too much micromanagement of trade for my taste.
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X