This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivI Forum?

Just wondering why this site dosen't have a CivI forum. It seems that a few of us still play it once in awhile, and it would get more responses than, say, the Earth 2025 forum.
    Well, is my idea a stupid result of Jagerbombs and Flaming Gorilla Titties or am I actually onto something?
    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

There probably was one a while ago...I wouldn't know for sure, though.

Comment

Exactly! Why was it allowed to go? This is a Civ site (even though the 2 sites that merged were Civ2, but what do I care for details). If BHG, Europa Univ, Tradewars, MOO, etc can have detailed forums for them, why not the game that started it all?
      "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

I don't play Civ (1) any more, but why not?

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You would think that Markos would certainly want a forum for discussion of the one that started it all. Phalanx beats Battleship anyone?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm bnot sure what we would discuss though. CIV1 wasn't full of bugs to start with.....
            (+1)

Comment

Considering that modern computers can't even run Civ 1 properly, I don't think that there's much to discuss...
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Hey! I've got one around here that can run the old girl.

If there were a Civ1 forum, some of us could drop by once in a while to yield our votive offerings.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I've still got my Tandy 1000 that has civ 1 on it... and it runs slower than Civ 3 on my current computer - even with hugh maps
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    I've still got my Tandy 1000 that has civ 1 on it... and it runs slower than Civ 3 on my current computer - even with hugh maps

Edit: I should go back to my old Apple 2e and see what I can do on that puppy. I still have the old floppy of Ghostbusters somewhere.

Comment

I got Civ 1, play it perfectly on my WinXP machine (?), and like to duke it out once in a while. I agree that we need a Civ 1 forum.
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, if a CivI forum can't work, why not a Colonization forum?
                        Another AWESOME game that some of us play time to time.
                        The same arguments I used for CivI apply here.

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to see a Civ1 and/or Col forum as well (even a single 'Civ1 & Col' forum would do), but this is like thread #237 on this issue and so far each thread got a thumbs down by the owners...
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I played Civ 1 again recently, and I have found proof positive that nostalgia gives you the false impression that things were better in the past.

Its a good game, but it is dated.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

my computer can run civ for windows pretty well. Xp, 1.7ghz. runs well.

and, it runs fast, though I would prefer the pathfinding of Civ3 to moving every single unit every single turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X