Attachment of graphics problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment of graphics problems

It seems that all attachment files that are graphics, are not being sent properly to the browser, and when I try to save any picture that is attached, it defaults to BMP format, and can't be changed to it's real format (gif/jpg).

That is very annoying. It could possibly result from the failure of attachment.php sending TYPE: gif/image or jpeg/image or what ever code it has to send before actually sending the file to the browser.

Speaking of which, I also had problems saving ZIP files from the Civ3 section.

All of these problems are not unique to me, and most people seem to share them.

For the record - I have no such problems with IE5.5 & Win 98SE

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I also have this problem.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I don't have any problems saving attatched pictures.

IE6, WinME

Comment

I'm having the problem too. (IE6, Win98)
          But apparently it isn't a universal problem... So maybe it all comes down too some funny settings then (probably related to MIME types?).
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Just to muddy the water - here at home I can't get anything but .bmp for animated .gifs - Damn! IE6, Win98SE

Are we identifying an IE6 problem?? Damn Gatesh*t!

SG[1]

Comment

Exactly! The only two other browsers I have are Netscape 4.77 and Opera 6. Netscape can't even display the attached images, and Opera can't even load Apolyton properly!
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm using IE 5.5 on Windows 2000

Comment

I have that problem too. IE6/Win98 IE6/Win95 IE5.5/Nt4 and IE 5.5/Win2k. All of those configs have this problem in my case.
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

WinNT4-Netscape4.5 -- all attached images and custom avatars not viewable and cannot be captured -- except standard avatars, which are OK (eg in this thread, can only see Grrr's avatar).

WinNT4-IE5.5 -- all images display normally, normal capture/save

iMac-OS9.1 -- all images display and save normally
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

Exactly! The only two other browsers I have are Netscape 4.77 and Opera 6. Netscape can't even display the attached images, and Opera can't even load Apolyton properly!

Comment

IE6 on WinXP.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Markos!

This is really quite serious - can we have some Admin input please?

SG[1]

Comment

I have no problems with graphics (Mozilla 0.9.9 on W98 and *nix)
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Test

This is a test
                              Attached Files
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X