This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markos please kill the thread rating feature

Markos could you please just kill the thread rating thing? It is hardly used. With one fell swoop you can remove the dropdown box at the bottom right, plus disable all the associated code.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

It is almost never used and it looks ugly. But Markos loves it. Look at the convoluted rating system in the links directory.

Comment

Ratings are generally meaningless, and not used often enough by people to give them meaning.

The only exceptions to this rule are:
      a) Vels threads, which get 5 stars more often than not. The rating is pointless, cuz everyone knows they should read what he has to say.
      b) When threads specifically mention ratings in their title. Then they get really low ratings, because people are reminded to rate the thread, but want to be... funny...

So kill that feature!!
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

never used it until this thread
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          never used it until this thread
          See, proof
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

(Some) People use it to rate files in the Files forum.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I couldn't resist rating the thread.
              (+1)

Comment

what happened to your mod title, gramphos?

this must be the thread with the most ratings ever

Comment

I never liked it- it is very meaningless.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

What title?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yeah, trash it.

Comment

Yep, it's pretty useless. And it can definitely go when the files finally get their own database.

So who has been awarding pretty much all Apolyton/Community threads 5 stars? Someone who wants to conceal the lack of use of this feature, or someone who wants to force the pro-raters to take this feature down because of its misuse? I smell a conspiracy, or is it that can of spam that has way passed its expiration date?
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I noticed that a bunch of the A/C threads were rated, so I went ahead and rated one more...dunno who originally did it tho.

Comment

Don't get rid, but take it out of the Light stylesheet.
                            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                              Don't get rid, but take it out of the Light stylesheet.
                              Agreed!

And can you add "Last post by" to Light style?

Comment

Working...
                              X